Author Topic: wing mirror replacement  (Read 484 times)

mike harrison

• View Profile
wing mirror replacement
« on: February 09, 2024, 09:48:09 »
The LH wing mirror housing on my Ace Brooklands is broken and I'm unable to find a replacement (Citroen CX series 2).
Has anyone fitted alternatives to this assembly?

paho

• View Profile
Re: wing mirror replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 21:27:53 »
There are companies in UK that will cut new wing mirror glass to replace broken ones. e.g
The Wing Mirror Company
https://www.thewingmirrorcompany.co.uk › ...
Customized Wing Mirror Glass
I have the article codes somewhere, will post them when I find them. Replacements are very hard to find.
/Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 09:07:14 »
Its a long time since I needed a replacement glass.
Origonally mounted on the citroen CX series 2 the mirrors were mounted on several manufactures vehicles
such as the TVR-S, TVR part S28U 10013, and I believe Ferrari.

The components that make up the mirror have different part numbers (article codes).
The mirror stalk, between the mirror and the car mounting: Mirror stalk (CX type) part no 95647738
Mirror glass passenger side (electrically heated) Citroen part no. 95618284 and 95618283 driver side

Complete units:
Manufacturer: Alkar (they no longer list the CX model) but could be worth contacting, www.alkar.es
OE number 95618279 right side electric,
OE number 95618278 left side electric.
(Warning! I've seen two sources of info. indicating that the left side is the right side and vice versa for the same part numbers!)

Possible contacts I've noted in UK were Andrew Brodie Enginering Lt.d, www.brodie.co.uk,
and a few european dealers with secondhand parts at ?**! prices e.g. www.cx-basis.de.

Good luck /Paho

mike harrison

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 20:36:06 »
Many thanks for all the thoughts and ideas. The mirror itself is perfectly OK - it is the casting (Toadstool) which holds/supports the assembly onto the door mounting which had fractured. I managed to get a remanufactured one from Racetech near Henley, at some cost (£60) but it has solved the problem of a floppy mirror assembly. Not an uncommon problem, apparently. They are cast from original (weak) material and are designed to be sacrificial. so I'm told.

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 09:11:02 »
Your welcome.
Sorry I missed what actually was your problem, I cracked my wing mirror glass when disassembling the mirrors in preparation for respraying my Ace.
More info. than you needed, but you never know. Spares are so rare, so the price was about par, lots of forums for different car models have post in
respect to this classic mirror, its a wonder its not still manufactured.
BR /Paho