Author Topic: A1GP at Brands Hatch 29 April  (Read 2799 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
A1GP at Brands Hatch 29 April
« on: March 30, 2007, 13:56:46 »
This is also on the gerneral forum.
   The A1GP will be racing at Brands Hatch on Sunday 29th April. The organisers are planning a "best of British" to drive around the (Indy) track prior to the main race and have already lined up Lotus, Jag, TVR and Minis. I have contacted the marketing company and they would be interested in having AC cars participate in the event. The up side is that each car will get two tickets to watch the race, a reserved area to park our cars and we get to drive round Brands (slowly). We have also been offered the opportunity to have a club stand in the public area if we want it but this will have to be manned by club members so I'm not sure if anyone would want to do that ? There will also be a live TV broadcast of the event. The down side is that they will want all participants to be at the track the evening before the event for a rehearsal then come back the following day. I don't think we will get any special access privileges or hospitality, but the invitation is open to any and all AC models - so is anyone interested in this ? Please let me know and I'll get back to the organisers with a yes or no etc.
   Thanks - John.

cobham cobra

• View Profile

twogreens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 18:00:14 »
John,
   I would be up for it.

Kind Regards
   Rick
   AKA Two Greens

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 18:10:43 »
Hi Rick,
   OK good to hear from you, I will hopefully have progress to report early next week.
   Regards - John.

Ian Rogers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 18:46:04 »
It sounds a lot of fun and if you are interested I can be there in either my AC Cobra Superblower or AC Aceca (ex USA Historic Racer)....that is if it is going okay!

Let me know

Regards

Ian

quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

This is also on the gerneral forum.
   The A1GP will be racing at Brands Hatch on Sunday 29th April. The organisers are planning a "best of British" to drive around the (Indy) track prior to the main race and have already lined up Lotus, Jag, TVR and Minis. I have contacted the marketing company and they would be interested in having AC cars participate in the event. The up side is that each car will get two tickets to watch the race, a reserved area to park our cars and we get to drive round Brands (slowly). We have also been offered the opportunity to have a club stand in the public area if we want it but this will have to be manned by club members so I'm not sure if anyone would want to do that ? There will also be a live TV broadcast of the event. The down side is that they will want all participants to be at the track the evening before the event for a rehearsal then come back the following day. I don't think we will get any special access privileges or hospitality, but the invitation is open to any and all AC models - so is anyone interested in this ? Please let me know and I'll get back to the organisers with a yes or no etc.
   Thanks - John.

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 14:40:39 »
Below is this mornings update and answers to my questions from the A1GP events people FYI.
   Ian and Rick it may be easier if you e-mail me at john@moonlightmedia.co.uk
   Cheers - John.

We have had sign off from our client today so we are all set to go! I will send a follow up email later on in the day concerning next steps moving forward.

Here are some answers regarding questions below:

1. At this stage it looks like we would probably be needing most cars there the evening before for rehearsal. I will speak to our production managers to see if you are able to fill the two missing drivers in on what your role will be.
   2. We are looking at securing a guarded parking area for all cars involved, had had similar questions from the other clubs. Shouldn't be a problem.
   3. The tickets will be given to you on Saturday night at rehearsal.
   4. No hospitality will be provided in terms of food/drink due to the number of performers involved.
   5. The procession lap will take place at a very slow speed and absolutely no racing will take place prior to the feature so no need to worry.
   6. Basically the Sunday feature race starts at 3pm. We will need you guys there by 11 am on the morning.  The opening ceremony will start around 2pm when you will be involved with the precession. The exact schedule of the opening ceremony will be sent through but in addition to yourselves and other car clubs, the white helmets, a stunt plane and a procession of kids karts will be included.

As I mentioned earlier though, by close of play today we will be able to provide you with a more clear understanding.

Cheers,

Mike

cobham cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 12:58:28 »
Hi All,
   Below is an update from the organisers. Ian (Rogers, we are nowhere near our limit for entries so you would be very welcome in which ever AC you choose on the day.
   Cheers - John.

Firstly a big thank you for all your help in mobilising your members to take part in the A1GP opening ceremony. With the race being the last of the season, we are anticipating packed grandstands at Brands Hatch with up to 40,000 people packing the rafters on race day!

Our agency, Rpm, will be conducting a site meeting at Brands this Friday to finalise timings for the opening ceremony sequence. Once this visit has taken place, I will feedback to you how the ceremony is to be executed and what your exact involvement will be.

I have received a number of emails from you about the event which I will hopefully be able to answer in due course. In response to many common areas of concern:

- All participants (aside from the Kent Police Band and Fire Services) will be required to attend a rehearsal on the evening of Saturday, 28 April. We ask that those members who are unable attend ensure that they are briefed regarding the exact role and timings of their respective clubs.
   - With the substantial financial and sentimental value of your vehicles, some form of secure parking will be provided
   - Each participant is to receive 2 complementary tickets for themselves and a guest to the feature race (these will be distributed at the rehearsal or by post if necessary)
   - Participants will be permitted to carry 1 passenger alongside them in the race precession (children will be allowed as passengers)
   - The lap will be a slow precession and NOT a speed lap
   - Sky Sports will have the broadcast rights to the show

Apologies if I have not answered your queries in full above.

I would like to once again thank you for all your help. I look forward to working alongside yourself and your clubs/teams/organisations in delivering a memorable and enthralling opening ceremony.

Regards,

Mike Silver