Author Topic: tenex issue  (Read 2861 times)

jbottini

• View Profile
tenex issue
« on: March 31, 2007, 23:23:13 »
I managed to break off a male portion of a 'tenex" on the rear behind the seats. what is the proper way to get the pieces out? Is this a screw in item?

C9OBY

• View Profile
tenex issue
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 09:40:54 »
Yes, the Tenax fasteners screw in. Take a look at the website below for pictures.

http://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/tenaxfasteners.html

jbottini

• View Profile
tenex issue
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 14:07:05 »
thanks, not to figure out how much of the car i have to disassemble to replace it, as it looks like the machine screw & Nut assebmly. It is the first peg aft of the passenger door..thoughts?

C9OBY

• View Profile
tenex issue
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:46:58 »
Sorry, I haven't needed to replace mine yet.  If you're lucky the nut will be fixed/bonded to the underside of the body.  However, you may be better off getting advice from someone else.  If no-one else relies to your post, you could try emailing John Owen from AC cars in Malta who's always been very helpful when I've called.

cobham cobra

• View Profile
tenex issue
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 13:00:40 »
I assume you can't get to the back of the fixing from under the wheel arch ? When I have needed to re-tighten the fixings in the past I have been able to get to the underside via the wheel arch but I can't remember if the first past the door is accessible.

jbottini

• View Profile
tenex issue
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 14:27:42 »
Cobham & C90BY...thanks for the advice, i'll check the wheel arch this week end. The fixing of the nut to the underside makes sense..we'll see. I'll email John as a possible solution as well. Jim

Mark IV

• View Profile
tenex issue
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 15:26:41 »
Jim,
   As I recall the nuts are not fixed to the body, they used Nylock nuts on the machine threads of the stud. I found some Tenax females in my stash but no male studs (well I was there) yet. They are available in the US from several sources if I am unable to unearth my supply.

Rick