Author Topic: At auction  (Read 1254 times)

Big col

• View Profile
Re: At auction
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2024, 22:23:14 »
Hello Paho,
I am a little, at a loss as to your post. Can you please explain how the email system is used. I have sent a message to the recipient in the last postings and he has sent one to me. I haven’t, and he hasn’t, received an email. All we have is a message on the forum. Is that what you mean or am I missing something?
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

Flagship

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2024, 01:05:01 »
thanks paho, we've managed to suss it out. we got there in the end.

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2024, 13:51:18 »
Your welcome!
Just to complete the discussion, info to other members that might want to know how the mail feature is set up:
From the forum main menu, select "My Messages" , you end up in the "Inbox" display
Then select "Preferences" by holding the mouse cursor over Preferences
and then select "Change Settings" from the pop-up menu displayed.
There are a selection of options you can set/select from the page displayed, the most significant are:
"Notify by e-mail when you receive a personal message", this will send a notification to the e-mail address
you have in your forum profil. The system does not forward messages as far as I know.
"Receive personal messages from: All members etc (there are four options to select from)

I don't know if forwarding a message works to an external e-mail address but I haven't needed to do so as yet.......

If you need a full user description, select Help from the main menu and then select the Personal messages Topic link

/Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"