Author Topic: At auction  (Read 1230 times)

Big col

• View Profile
At auction
« on: January 19, 2024, 21:34:28 »
I see there is an AC Ace PVT for sale at Mathewsons Classic car auction. (Of bangers and cash tv fame).

https://www.mathewsons.co.uk/auction/lot/lot-39---1937-acace-coupe/?lot=22201&so=0&st=&sto=0&au=61&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=96&pn=1&g=1

Looks like it would be a straight forward project, worth doing. Depending on if the bits are all with it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 21:42:02 by Big col »
I might be rough but I’m slow as well.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: At auction
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 08:57:31 »
Car number L538.

Old Crock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 09:34:35 »

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 14:20:35 »

Old Crock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 15:35:35 »
Sold today!

Big col

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 18:33:30 »
It looks great for that price, and it is nice to get one ready to go, straight out of the box.
It’s also nice to have a project if you have the means to do one yourself rather than pay others to do it for you. In a perfect world its nice to have one on the boil and one you prepared earlier.  ;D ;D ;D

Big col

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 21:53:55 »
The car sold yesterday for £ 7200 hammer price. In my eyes, someone has done very well for that sort of money. I suppose that all depends on just how much the new owner can do themselves. Lets hope that the new owner will be active in the club. I certainly found it a massive benefit to be a member and receive all the help and information freely given.

Big col

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 14:01:22 »
The car is back up for sale at the same auction houses next sale (next week). I have recently visited the venue with other interest and spoke about the car with a staff member. Apparently the bangers and cash restoration crew bought the car, but then decided it may be too much for them and decided to change there plans. Lets hope there is interest  in the car and it finds a good home.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024, 22:46:29 »
Sold for £8900.

mattking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2024, 16:34:41 »
Ending tonight at Bonhams Cars Online, this is a fantastic car!

https://carsonline.bonhams.com/en/listings/ac/1666/817a0cb9-ef41-408b-bc8f-def677f8cdd6

Old Crock

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 09:32:00 »
Didn't meet reserve. Highest bid of £40,000. It's worth more than that. A few years back, I supplied a new and unused original cylinder head for this car.....

Flagship

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2024, 17:10:02 »
Hi, I bought the AC in the auction, I don't know if I paid too much but I wanted the car. Ill enjoy restoring it and driving it.

There's a fair bit of work to do, I can replace any of the timberwork that's been wood wormed, dashboard is already out and I'm refinishing it. Andre Hartford shocks already dismantled, rebuilt and re bushed. The engine was replaced in 1971 because the casting went porous, then set up etc by an ex AC employee working in Thames Ditton. I spoke to the lady who owned it today and she used to have a brochure showing this car in the London Motor Show at Olympia.

It came with loads of spares, a set of wheels, extra engine, extra set bumpers two extra dash boards, extra bonnet, 4 extra bell housings, loads of engine parts, 2 extra crankshafts, too many to list but i am short of some parts. Maybe someone wants a swap or sell? I still need to go through it all.

I need pedals, radiator cap preferably with the greyhound, dashboard dials, I have the speedo, ammeter and fuel so I need clock, ignition , water temp, oil pressure and the rich?weak knob. and warning lights.  If someone could enlighten me to what warning lights it should have I'd appreciative it. Also the knob to open the vent in front of the windscreen.

I'm in Yorkshire nr Wetherby so if anyone has recommendations for an upholsterer and someone for the respray Id very much appreciative that too.

Here comes pre war AC onership.

Big col

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2024, 22:14:35 »
Hello Flagship.
I hope I can help you, and I will as much as possible. I have very few bits and pieces but your welcome to look through what I have.
Can I suggest a meeting. I live close to you, over in Oulton near Rothwell, and after doing a full restoration of a 16/66 it may be worthwhile having a look through my photo album of the work done and I can let you have any contact details I have for craftsman and suppliers.
It will be nice to have an owner so close.
I have just forgotten how to send a personal message but when I remember I will let you have my number.
Colin

Flagship

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2024, 01:08:25 »
thanks Colin, i'd be very interested to chat with someone who has already done a restoration on one of these cars. I appreciate your assistance.

You are close, just down the M1 a bit, I'm new to this, I do't know how to send a message but please do and we'll have a get together.

Thanks again

John

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2024, 07:50:52 »
Colin, John,
the forum has a very good e-mail feature you can use to communicate. You will find it under "My Messages".
/Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"