Author Topic: Princess Blue, vs Viking Blue..etc  (Read 23861 times)

aaron

• View Profile
Princess Blue, vs Viking Blue..etc
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 22:04:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by shep

Sorry, Aaron you are dead right, John sold his car to Gavin a while back. It was John's car when we raced it together, so that's what sticks in my memory! I must say that I have a couple of amazing memories from those drives. In the heat of the moment going out to qualify at the Le Mans Classic, I had forgotten to insert my ear plugs before putting my helmet on. The Cobra had no silencing, and the exhausts exited each side of the car in front of the rear wheels (one about 3 feet from my left ear). As I went out onto the track I realised my mistake, but the pain of 6000rpm all along Mulsanne will stay with me forever! In the race things went much better and I think we beat all but one of the 5 GT40s racing that year! Driving the same Cobra at Nurburgring I had a grandstand view following Jon Minshaw's E-Type driven by Martin Stretton, as it strayed onto the marbles of tyre rubber, lost grip and subsequently had a huge off into the Armco. I resisted the temptation to rubber-neck, otherwise I would likely have met the same fate. Thanks to John Bendall for trusting me with his beautiful car, and Gavin if you get stuck, just give me a bell!

Hey Andy, just found this old thread from a web search, yes a fabulous car,Gavin took me round Goodwood as a passenger in the car earlier on this year,what an experience !! No ear defenders were worn !!

Spantik

• View Profile
Princess Blue, vs Viking Blue..etc
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 21:47:54 »
Check this part of the Forum: http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2213&whichpage=2 Riverside Racer has a model with what might be the Princess Blue and you might contact "riverside" for the colour coding.