Author Topic: BE 646  (Read 127413 times)

James Eastwood

• View Profile
Re: BE 646
« Reply #360 on: February 01, 2021, 17:34:11 »
Stunning result from the body shop, wow. I hope to see your Aceca in the UK when it is finished.

BTW - Goodwood Revival tickets went on sale this morning. My tickets are purchased. Goodwood are offering a roll over to 2022 in case the event cannot proceed.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 06, 2021, 08:29:53 »
Thanks to David we have a new table of contents and an updated index. Please, see the first two postings.

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 21, 2021, 12:11:14 »
This picture shows the original overrider and the new one.

The original overrider has a plate to hook in the mounting bolt, the new overrider has it already integrated. That would have been nice if the bolt wouldn't be too short.

I guess, using have of the normal nut is not really enough to fix the overrider. My idea is to modify a union nut so it goes through the overrider brackets in order to use a much longer way of the mounting bolt thread.

And it works ...

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 23, 2021, 16:40:33 »
It's such a long time ago that I disassembled the bumper that I forgot how to mount them. The override brackets must be inside the overriders. And a spacer sleeve is needed between the overrider and the bracket. I welded the spacer to the bracket.

Now, the position of the bumpers looks much better.

I installed the battery tray

and made new clutch- and brake lines.

Also the mounting bracket for the steering column in conjunction with the accelator padel was installed.