Author Topic: AC 428 Driver handbook on E-Bay  (Read 2765 times)

lyonheart84

• View Profile
AC 428 Driver handbook on E-Bay
« on: March 21, 2011, 08:02:12 »
There is now an AC 428 Driver's Handbook on E-Bay for anyone that needs a spare or likes to collect AC memorabilia.[:)]

cliffordl

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:21:59 »
Re-prints of the original handbook are available from the Owners Club. IIRC from the librarian not Acedes.

lyonheart84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 18:45:32 »
Thanks Clifford, yes I had read somewhere that the Owners Club had some reprints done of the 428 Handbooks but I have not seen one as far as I know, didn't know the current availability or indeed the price. They are also only available to club members ( or get a friend in the club to buy one ) and I have not been a member for at least 20 years. I had this manual since about 1986 ( I got it as a spare handbook with CF 65 ) but I have no idea if it's a club reprint or 2nd edition / later reprint from the AC Factory ( it doesn't say anything inside about being a reprint or being reproduced under license). I've listed it on E-Bay for the benefit of any 428 owners or AC memorabilia collectors that are not in the Owners Club, and also mentioned it here on the Forum for anyone that follows our ramblings, but perhaps is also not in the Club.

cliffordl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 10:38:33 »
From memory club reprint price is £15 or so. I have one which clearly states that it is a reprint so I imagine that yours is a desirable original.
   I may have to bid for it[:p]

Good luck with the sale.

lyonheart84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 18:39:07 »
lol Clifford, well I definitely can't see the word reprint anywhere, so I guess it is an original, although how desirable that is remains to be seen! I don't really mind if it doesn't go above the starting price as someone will appreciate having it, but maybe it will creep a little higher! I have another, earlier handbook also but I'll keep that just in case I win the lottery one day and buy another Frua !