Author Topic: OPG 192 Works Car.  (Read 10723 times)

martinpester

• View Profile
OPG 192 Works Car.
« on: December 16, 2006, 20:06:39 »
Hi to all and I hope you can help. Does anyone know about an AC 2 litre 2 door saloon registration number OPG 192. It had I.F.S. and was reputed to have done the Tulip rally back in the 50's. Was it a works car? Does it still exist? Any help with my research would be great.
   Regards, Tigermart.

Auto Carrier

• View Profile
OPG 192 Works Car.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 14:03:14 »
I believe that it was indeed a works car and was driven in a few competitive events prior to getting the IFS. It was owned by Derek Hurlock up to 1986 or '87 and I saw it alive and well in 1987. Chassis no.EL1434. Last saw it up for sale in 1988.

EL1192 (not a replica!)

dan

• View Profile
OPG 192 Works Car.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 18:03:14 »
I own OGP 192, it has been siting unused outside my office for about 5 years, I bought it in around 1988, used it on and off for a few years, then put it in storage. After that whilst it was in a garage for servicing a london taxi backed into it and damaged the front wing and destroyed the grill, took moe than 3 years to sort it out with the gargage insurance company. Then like most thing life had moved on. Would sell it if I got a good offer.  One other point the engine is the prototype for the ace and is 105 bhp. I don't know about the Tulip rally but I have pictures of it on the RAC rally and being used as a service car for the Alpine rally for the works ace team