Author Topic: 2 litre buckland tourer enquiry  (Read 4442 times)

Roddie Burgess

• View Profile
2 litre buckland tourer enquiry
« on: March 02, 2011, 20:16:18 »
I have just found this forum and am interested in finding out if a tourer my father bought in 1952-ish is still running.  The registration was JGG594 and originally it was apple green but I remember my father changing it to white.  It was off the road for many years while he restored it (and I spent many happy hours helping him) and he eventually sold it in around 1980 or thereabouts.  He died in 1996 and I have often wondered what became of it.  Somewhere I have some old B&W photographs I took of it.

I remember also a friend of his had a dark coloured (black I think) Buckland saloon but all I recall of it was the owner's name Dr Cooper from Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire (which is where we were living at the time).

Any information gratefully received.

Regards
   Roddie Burgess

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:56:26 »
JGG594 is chassis number EL1723.  It is noted in the register as being for sale in 2007 and awaiting restoration.

scud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 17:41:05 »
Spookily enough, my Buckland saw daylight today for the first time in a while. EL1375 c/w UMB1362 is about to work its way through my bank balance.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=37944&id=100000880187090&l=96ca8e0646

James

Roddie Burgess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 22:42:36 »
Thanks for that information: at least she is still alive, if in hibernation.  I'll keep my eye on the forum and see if anything more comes up.  With this renewed interest, I have just gone through a box of bits I inherited and have found a semaphore arm, which actually worked when I tried it, as did a front sidelight unit. There is a spare white lens for another, 3 spare red ones (all marked Lucas 488), a couple of bezels and a reflector lens and bezel (not sure if that was from the AC though). And I also found a brass oil can and a T-bar spark plug spanner which I think used to live in clips under the bonnet.

mike smith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 20:37:22 »
Hello Roddie

Your car is still on the register as it is still owned by one of our more industrious members who helps run Glam Cabs at the Goodwood Revival meeting and his plans were to restore it and make it the 3rd Buckland in the fleet !!
    As of 2010 this hadn't actually happened but as far as I know it may well in the not too distant future. I have been in touch and hopefully he will get back to me and then I will put him in touch with you
     Mike Smith, Buckland Registrar

mike smith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 20:39:48 »
Hello Roddie again
    Hang onto the oil can and plug spanner as they are both like hens teeth!!
     Mike Smith

davrix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 09:53:19 »
Dear Roddie,
   I am pleased to confirm that JGG594 is still in existence. My father purchased her around 1989 from a polish gentleman. She has a Triumph Six cylinder engine (with a broken distributor drive) and is resting quietly in a barn in Hampshire, waiting for that moment when a further restoration commences...  Her companion, for many years they have been 'side by side' is an equally rare Four Door 2 Litre Saloon. The Four Door is currently en route to the Restoration Show taking place at the NEC this weekend. Keep an eye out in 'Practical Classics' for some photographs.  If you can get there do pop by and say hello!   Kind Regards  David Rix

quote:
Originally posted by Roddie Burgess

I have just found this forum and am interested in finding out if a tourer my father bought in 1952-ish is still running.  The registration was JGG594 and originally it was apple green but I remember my father changing it to white.  It was off the road for many years while he restored it (and I spent many happy hours helping him) and he eventually sold it in around 1980 or thereabouts.  He died in 1996 and I have often wondered what became of it.  Somewhere I have some old B&W photographs I took of it.

I remember also a friend of his had a dark coloured (black I think) Buckland saloon but all I recall of it was the owner's name Dr Cooper from Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire (which is where we were living at the time).

Any information gratefully received.

Regards
   Roddie Burgess