Author Topic: NEED HELP : Rose joint in the lower wishbone to rear frame  (Read 815 times)

cobra06FR

• View Profile
Dear All,

I need your help again.
I need to change the bearing from the link between the lower wishbone to the rear frame.
In a previous post, Wescott was mentionning the bearing to be a RBJ-210 ML he bought in UK but did not refer to a vendor.

I can find on the Web a RBJ-210 M  as well as a RBJ-210 L but not an "ML"
Does anyone know what the difference is between these 3 "M" ; "L" and "ML"  if any ?
Also does anyone know where to buy them from in UK or US ?

Many thanks again and as usual , for your help.
Very Best Regards
Laurent
Many thanks
Best Regards
L

Flyinghorse

• View Profile
Re: NEED HELP : Rose joint in the lower wishbone to rear frame
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 09:52:29 »
Laurent- I would first establish what’s marked on the bearing in your car and go from there.
(Ie ml,l,m)
Theses bearings are spherical bearings and a bit like heim / rose joint rod bearings.

Decoding the suffix is a bit of a mystery as you would need to know the manufacturers suffix table meaning.
Often it’s metal type , fit quality etc. I never got to the bottom of why mine was L, and even thought it meant “loose fit” as the new ones were loose, but that’s speculation on my part , not  indisputable fact.

The most recent post prior to yours discusses  a variant of this bearing ( RBJ-207L) that most of us seem to use and there was a uk supplier at reasonable cost.

You mention it’s an RBJ-210 ( let’s not worry about suffix for now) - I found this table showing bearing and construction and sizes

Graham
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 10:11:53 by Flyinghorse »

AndyMay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 11:18:29 »
I am also searching for a set of these bearings (though the 207) as they are missing from my car and a nylon tube "bodge" used instead. To my understanding, they are primarily now supplied for aerospace use and hence the required certification for that application makes them expensive.

So far, the best price I can find on them is here:

https://arrowengineering.com/product/rbj207lb-spherical-plain-bearing/

Although I also note that this supplier in the Netherlands also lists the bearing for rally vehicle use.  I have no idea if that makes them more or less expensive as I have not yet got around to enquiring:

https://www.weverssport.com/rallysport/?product=rose-joint-rbj-207l

I caution all the information above as I have not yet purchased anything myself; only just started some research.

Regards

Andy
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 11:31:11 by AndyMay »

cobra06FR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 11:47:22 »
Many Thanks to both of you Andy & Graham for your help.

Interesting that your car has the 207, mine like Wescott has the 210.
The 207 seems more "standard" and used on more recent cars.
The 210 was a real pain to find not considering that the first supplier I found would not accept to ship to France !

I just finally got them from  ABC Autosport Bearings & components  Unit 3 Shepperton Business Park, Govett Avenue, Shepperton, Middlesex TW17 8BA
Price is £75.63
Interestingly, they are not on their catalog of parts buts they seemed to have some "spare" left.

These bearings are just being put back on the car today  and I will be ... back on the road  ;D

Many Thanks again
Laurent
Many thanks
Best Regards
L