Author Topic: Clutch Pedal box – who’s make?  (Read 2472 times)

Max Allan

• View Profile
Clutch Pedal box – who’s make?
« on: December 15, 2006, 14:32:15 »
I’m in advanced stage of importing T56 6-speed box to go in Brooklands Ace and will need clutch pedal assembly (currently AODE auto), but have no idea whether it’s a US or UK Ford item. I see from other threads the CRS uses a clutch cable, which leads me to suspect the same set-up was used on both cars ie cable pulled over pedal quadrant. A further clue might lay in the brake operation – the Ace has ABS with power assistance via electric pump rather than vacuum servo. If the CRS uses the same system it's likely they share the same clutch mechanism. Any thoughts anyone?

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 15:12:07 »
I think the box is from the 94-2004 Mustang. I used to supply AC with them. The CRS uses a vacuum booster for the brakes. Also you will need a rear trans mount for the T56, AC used the mount from the first generation Dodge Viper on the "production" Aces with the six speed.

I have the parts receipts in a file at home and can give you the part numbers, I can also supply the Ford parts at a discount if you require.

Rick

Max Allan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 17:03:02 »
Rick, you're certainly a mine of information!! Any help you can give in the way of part nos would be much appreciated. And I might well take you up your offer to supply. However, I have a buddy in the States who has $550 of mine remaining from the imported the heads etc last year he wants used up. He’s offered to get the manual ecu and T5 gearbox harness I need, but doubt he wants to get more involved this time. (Last time poor chap got roped into making packing cases because I wanted the stuff shipped by sea!) Could I take a reign check on supplying until I see how things pan out?

Regards the rear mounting, I’ve suggested DDPerformance supply the Cobra 99-02 cross member as it looks similar. Do you have a part # for the Viper mount?

Thanks a lot, Rick – the pedal box has been worrying me.

Max

Max Allan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 00:05:58 »
Rick. Did you find Ford’s part no. for the pedal box? The Viper crossmember part no would also be useful if you’ve got it.

On a separate tranny matter, I recently read an article about swapping from AODE to T5, which stressed the importance of marking the position of the rear u/j in relation to the diff flange to avoid vibration. I don’t understand the reasoning  – yes, its critical to mark the position of the rear u/j relative to the front one where the prop has a splined joint, but Ford driveshafts are one piece. I queried it with my buddy in the States and he agreed with the article – the position of the prop flange to the diff flange should be marked to ensure the shaft is not refitted with the u/j 180 degrees from it’s origin position. However, I still cannot see how bolting the shaft to the diff 180 degrees opposite to its original position can cause vibration – it doesn’t seem logical. Have you, or anyone else, heard of/experienced this phenomenon?