Author Topic: Is this an original Cobra? And if so, can anyone identify its chassis number?  (Read 964 times)

SunDude

• View Profile
These webfind photos were taken yesterday (June 9, 2023) in Amsterdam. Does anyone recognize this particular Cobra?

It's road registered in Belgium with the license plate 1 OYE 782.

Is it an original CSX or COX Cobra? If so, can anyone identify its chassis number?

I've poured over the SAAC Registry and my own files, but am stumped.

The fuel filler cap is wrong, but so many of the other details seem right. Painted wire wheels. Rack-and-pinion steering. Smiths gauges. Weathered leather seats. etc.

Thanks for your help, Brian

SunDude

• View Profile
UPDATE: I've been informed that this is a very convincing aluminum-bodied replica, not an original CSX or COX car.

rstainer

• View Profile
SunDude,

Do you know the car’s VIN (car number in AC terms)?

RS

SunDude

• View Profile
SunDude,

Do you know the car’s VIN (car number in AC terms)?

RS

'fraid not. But it's not a CSX or COX car, after all.

rstainer

• View Profile
SunDude,

The ACOC Replicas Appendix has some 100 CSX/COX/COB 'VIN Asserted' cars, all twenty first century constructions, none AC built. The Club's Cobra registrar regularly adds to the list.

As Council so wisely wrote twenty years ago 'The prime beneficiaries of an accurate register are not today’s owners, but tomorrow’s. A full and accurate register can show a potential purchaser the facts about a car he is proposing to buy: it will also allow an owner to confirm his car’s true provenance and prevent an unscrupulous owner or dealer distorting a car’s history to enhance its value.'

Perhaps European forum readers can help with VIN asserted?

RS