Author Topic: Shelby TV alert  (Read 2024 times)

strada5300

• View Profile
Shelby TV alert
« on: February 04, 2011, 23:59:56 »
If two English producers are anywhere near as enthusiastic as they sound we may soon see a TV series in the UK on racing at the 24 Hours of LeMans.Though it sounds by the title of the book they are basing it on, SHELBY The Man The Cars The Legend, one of the production companies (Headline Pictures) on their website makes it clear that the series, The Drivers,  is a drama based on many drivers.

A couple of pundits in the TV field entitled their announcement of the project by calling it "Mad Men on Wheels" alluding to the popular programme on American TV which shows ad men in the Fifties complete with zaftig ladies, huge befinned and bechromed motorcars, smoking cigarettes and other politically incorrect things so let's hope this series goes all the way and shows what racing back then was really like...one of the producers, Ridley Scott, even told reporters that when he was a lad in the North of England that Sir Stirling Moss was his hero.

The author of the book has temporarily switched to another marque, reporting that he is now beating the bushes for an agent for his first novel, one of a series featuring a detective who operates in the heady milieu of million dollar collector Ferraris. "If I can't find an agent and/or publisher, I'll publish it myself in time to make its debut at the Concorso Ferrari 2011 show on Colorado Boulevard May 22nd in Pasadena."

####