Author Topic: Bit quiet on the 428 front  (Read 5756 times)

J Jones

• View Profile
Bit quiet on the 428 front
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 16:47:23 »
The Blind leading the Blind... "p" is pixels, and refers to the number of pixels (either across, or vertical - I don't remember) that are in 1 line of a frame of video. There are about 30 frames per second in a moving picture. Amazing that any of this works, so complaining that a frame gets stuck seems ungrateful.

I think that's what happens - the picture gets stuck on a frame, and that little circular doodle appears - saying, in effect: "OK! I'M Thinking, I'm Thinking! Gimme a minute!"

I uploaded the video to YouTube at (whatever the picture size was - 760? 720p?), and they spit it out at lower frame rates: 480, 360 or 240.

I understand how a carburetor atomises fuel and mixes with air. I do not understand much about the electronic transmission of moving pictures.

Thank you for pointing out the Edit button - hiding in plain sight! Speaking of "Blind"...

terry3000me

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 00:03:41 »
Just watched the video, very good and it ran smoothly. Please could you take the backing music down several digits so could enjoy the sound of engine rumble better.
   Would be good if more owners could prepare a similar video, I should love to do something but don't have the techology.
   Terry

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 06:27:19 »
Sorry Terry - The sound was bad, as I didn't have a wind noise filter.

I covered up the really annoying wind noise with the music, and made it "A Sunday Drive" mood piece. Emmanuel had the same complaint; not enough engine sounds, too much Reinhardt/Grapelli

Engine sounds will come in a later (different) video, sans wind noise. For now, it's just a lazy drive, pootle-ing around in a sylvan setting. To "fix" it, I'd have to take the video down, re-mix it, and re-post it - not sure I actually can do that. If it can be taken down, the re-edited video would have a different address.

FYI, the video took about one hour to shoot in a recreational area near my home. Too many people and dogs about to tear it up, and too late in the day to get more footage. It's really pretty easy to do. But you do need a camera, a cameraman, a (proper) microphone and a computer. Editing on a Mac is easy and intuative. Took about 3 hours, and this was the first time I've done it.