Author Topic: Same body as Ghia Cobra coupe  (Read 3657 times)

strada5300

• View Profile
Same body as Ghia Cobra coupe
« on: February 05, 2011, 00:08:42 »
I was in Arizona at the Gooding Auction in Jan.2011 and they
   sold a Fiat 8Vwith a Ghia built supersonic body on it
   and it occured to me that's the same body
   as is on the 427 Cobra chassis associated once
   with Sir John Whitmore (and maybe one of the land speed Campbells before that).  I understand the Cobra is still out and about.
   Since the Fiat sold for over $1 million, I wonder what the combination of the now much treasured body and 427 chassis is worth? Maybe not too much more than a 427 Cobra because there seems to be two other Supersonic bodies for sale on the net. Anyhow if anybody has a good original picture (not out of a magazine) of the Cobra Supersonic bodied car I'll trade a brand new Cobra book for it.
   Write Photojournalistpro@hotmail.com

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 19:06:58 »
Hi Wally

I seem to recall correcting your weird theories about 3055 before, especially this thing you have about Sir John Whitmore. Wrong - read the SAAC World Registry for goodness sake (they do get it right sometimes!)

Questions about price are completely irrelevant since it's not for sale any time in the forseeable future. However, what is a one-off car with a documented accurate history worth? Whatever somebody is prepared to pay. Nice situation to be in.

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 19:53:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

Hi Wally

I seem to recall correcting your weird theories about 3055 before, especially this thing you have about Sir John Whitmore. Wrong - read the SAAC World Registry for goodness sake (they do get it right sometimes!)

Trev,
   You're assuming he has a Registry, I don't believe he does. [:o)]
   Can we say W-i-l-l-m-e-n-t [:D]

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 19:59:36 »
If not, why not.....? But it would explain sooooo many things

Yeah, Willment - but only you and I and everyone else knows that ;-)

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 21:50:57 »
Trevor,

Wally is in his own world when it comes to "facts". He trolls forums looking for information so that someone else can do his "research".

Not a bad guy, but not a top tier "author" in my opinion. From this "Whitmore" thing to did the GT40 roadster X1 NOT get buried and so on he is always looking for the big story with minimal efforts.

I really do wonde if there are any Shelby related stories yet to be uncovered (save for the Ken Miles didn't die until recently X files rumor)

A-Snake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 05:09:29 »
quote:

If not, why not.....? But it would explain sooooo many things

I guess the local public library doesn't have a copy.

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:29:25 »
Rick

Young Wally and I have had mucho contact down the years and I do know he kinda gets a few feathers ruffled on a certain Cobra-related site, for reasons you accurately stated. It's a bit like knitting with fog.....

Oh, please please please don't revive that old chestnut about Ken.....but waadya know???? :-)

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 00:45:14 »
quote:

Oh, please please please don't revive that old chestnut about Ken.....but waadya know???? :-)

No,

I didn't say I subscribed to the story but I do know for a FACT that Elvis is alive!