Author Topic: Yet another Ace conversion -  (Read 2790 times)

tinnes

• View Profile
Yet another Ace conversion -
« on: January 23, 2011, 21:45:52 »
During auction week in Arizona it is always interesting to see what cars surface in the local newspaper. This week we have around 400 listings of "classics and antiques". One that caught my eye is listed as a 1963 AC Ace 289 that the seller explains is "the original aluminum AC, serial number AEX198." Seller is asking $125,000.

Anyone know this car?

tom i

tim isles

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:12:42 »
Tom - Many thanks for the info. AEX 198 was originally an AC-engined Ace that left the factory in August 1956. It was white in colour with green leather and carpets. It was an East Coast car, imported by AC Imports, Arlington, Va. I have no history of the car as it only first 'surfaced' (as far as the Ace Register is concerned) in 2006 when it was advertised on e bay USA by a dealer in Arizona. The pictures showed the car now red in colour with the body modified in the 427 style and Halibrand wheels.

Thank you again for the update, and I'll make a note to the effect that the car is back up for sale again this year. Maybe someone else knows something of its earlier history?

Tim

tinnes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 12:52:27 »
Tim -

The car fits your description - photos can be seen at http://www.azcentral.com/class/auto/ - click on the classic cars option.

I have a call into the seller, but so far no response. I will keep you posted if he calls back.

regards, tom