Author Topic: Sigma SG3 alarm/immobiliser  (Read 1280 times)

gerardwsykes

• View Profile
Sigma SG3 alarm/immobiliser
« on: April 11, 2023, 22:15:06 »
I have lost my alarm key fob and need to disconnect my alarm/immobiliser to start my car.Does anyone have experience as to how to do this, or even have a Sigma manual? Any help would be much appreciated! GerardWSykes

paho

• View Profile
Re: Sigma SG3 alarm/immobiliser
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 08:06:32 »
You have my sympathy!
I have two alarm key fobs that are on their last legs (not been replaced since 2013) and I have no idea how to replace them or remove/replace the alarm system.
I found a Sigma M30 instruction manual for Subaru on the net (https://www.scoobynet.com). This manual refers to a Multi-functional keypad, mounted within the vehicle, which could be used as an emergency override, and a secure computer controlled data link to the security system control unit, usually mounted under the bonnet. I've not found either of these items on my vehicle. There are other posts on the Scoobynet forum referring to M30 problems and removal.

I have a CoC renewal certificates which state the model fitted is an M30, issued by Raven Security, 8 Bastion Rd. Prestatyn LL19 7ES, maybe they can help you. I don't live in UK, plus I found it difficult to communicate with them by e-mail and phone. So I would be pleased to hear if you manage to find out anything.

Good luck /Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

gerardwsykes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 13:58:43 »
Thanks - as luck would have it the fob has now reappeared after a very frustrating month. The problem of the battery running out in a sealed fob still remains!

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 14:15:15 »
Just an update to previous posts, I read a tip that the model version and serial number of the Sigma alarm unit is on the rear.
I removed the unit after much effort (it had stuck to the sound damping material!) and found the model version to be SG30, not M30
as stated on the CoC form I have with the vehicle. Now all I need is info on procedure for replacing the fobs.....  ::)
/Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"