Author Topic: Register Updated [Nearly]  (Read 3726 times)

hawk289

• View Profile
Register Updated [Nearly]
« on: December 22, 2010, 21:34:50 »
All,

I have re-entered all the data and added all the updates emailed to me over the last few months. So over Xmas just finishing off. If you have any updates for the register please contact me via email or my details are in Action.

I would like to get the latest information in the next Action. Also I may get it finished over Xmas all the parts I have for Aceca's and Ace's Brooklands, including some pictures of a chassis and some of the factory bucks for information.

Anyway for now, wishing everyone a happy Xmas and Great new year!

Thanks

John.

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 20:10:15 »
All updated now, will be run in the next action I hope!. Thanks to all the members who passed on details, I have updated 15 cars in the last year, so I know about 15 from 60 cars, I will be running more articles in 2011.

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 14:15:38 »
Register will be in next action, also I have included information on the South African Ace's, but the formal register only covers the Ace Brooklands which were produced in Weybridge. I have included the four Aceca Brooklands [well three, plus my chassis body, etc.].

The other information that will be included is the post-brooklands cars, this is cars that are built using mostly original parts from Brooklands, but not completed at Brooklands.

Again, if anyone has car information, please send onto me.

John.

Mark IV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 23:25:16 »
So what did happen to the Ace body/chassis that came from Hi Tech in South Africa that were in racks outside Brooklands circa 1999? I saw at least 4 units that did not get completed before "Dear Chairman" tanked. I do have some pictures I could search for. Did these just get binned?

I know Jimmy Price at Hi Tech had at least one semi complete Ace (seen pictures recently with the car in them) as well as others that did not get shipped but were scrapped...as well as the stamping dies and other tooling (if you got it stuck in you that hard, you would probably trash the reminders also...)

So could there be more out there waiting????????

hawk289

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 09:08:53 »
Good question, if you have pictures that would be excellent. I have an idea were they went, but seeing pictures could confirm my thoughts. The chassis's and bodies did not get binned in my view, not sure exactly how many got produced. But I know a man who knows most of the answers.