Author Topic: Smart/"AC" yet again  (Read 23762 times)

mitschka

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 21:01:29 »
hello and i'm mitschka, a other person from switzerland. i drive since April 2003 a roadster coupe. we dream for a future for this car....

SB7019

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2007, 13:26:04 »
I was sad to see the demise of AC after over 100 years of existence and regrettably cannot see much hope for it's resurrection with the MkV.

Had dinner with one of the Kimber principals last night who is still reasonably optimistic about getting the project off the ground.   If the only realistic way to keep the marque  going is through Kimber then I, for one, applaud the move and wish them every success.  Would doubly do so if this can then lead to the development of more "grunty" cars that more faithfully follow the AC tradition.  That, of course, would be the really risky stage. It is one thing to adapt an existing design that someone else has poured huge amounts of development dollars into and another to start from scratch.  Again, lets hope they get in a position to be able to make that call.

TLegate

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2007, 17:23:36 »
Just wondering - if (if, if, if) the Kimber thingy actually happens, which company is AC - the one in Wales(?) or the one in Malta. They can't both be - can they..????

cobham cobra

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2007, 17:34:41 »
Well, there is a real gap in the market for another "true Brit" sportscar for the domestic market to replace the loss of TVR and line up with Morgan, Marcos, Noble, Caterham etc.

SB7019

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2007, 18:14:25 »
Trevor.

Or maybe one in China??

Chafford

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2007, 21:58:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

Just wondering - if (if, if, if) the Kimber thingy actually happens, which company is AC - the one in Wales(?) or the one in Malta. They can't both be - can they..????

A similar situation to the early 80s when AC were building the ME and Autokraft the AC MkIV under licence?

Mark IV

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2007, 22:00:25 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

Trevor,
   The "real" AC is the one that provides royalty checks to a certain South African native (two guesses, and J. Price is not one of them)

"AC" has made more income in the last few years from video game licensing than from building motorcars! Of course, this also works for Harley-Davidson as they make more form licensing than screwing together motorcycles, but at least they really do build bikes!
   Rick[}:)]

TLegate

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 20:39:54 »
Rick
   I think you may be right and there is much to be said from sitting back and collecting royalty payments, or so they tell me - just ask Paul McCartney & Co. We should all be so lucky. So should Mr.Price, who tried to keep the "AC" name alive.

mika

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 17:51:11 »
Does anybody know exactly: will the new AC ACE  really be exposed at the car show in Geneva march 2007? in the homepage of this car show nothing is mentionned about the new AC ACE (smart roadster replica).

terry3000me

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 21:00:17 »
Mika, I'll eat my hat if we see a new Ace before the summer.Has the investment package been completed? (www.projectkimber.com)

Terry

PS I'm going to Geneva show on Thursday 15 March, happy to meet anyone for a lunch time beer.

mika

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2007, 14:19:14 »
we have been in Geneva yesterday. It's disappointed, we didn't have seen the new AC ACE. When do we get new informations on the homepage projectkimber?

Emmanueld

• View Profile
Smart/"AC" yet again
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2007, 15:58:37 »
You guys' are dreaming! AC is dead! I hope I am wrong!

Emmanuel