Author Topic: Frédéric Delaere  (Read 1527 times)

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
Frédéric Delaere
« on: February 28, 2023, 21:32:08 »
It's with great regret that I'm passing on the sad news of the death of Frédéric Delaere.
Frédéric who died earlier this month was a well known Belgium based restorer of AC and
Aston Martin cars. I know that Frédéric was known to many in ACOC circles, both in the UK
and on the continent. He was a regular attendee at Beaulieu autojumble and often met up
with other club members there.

I first met Frédéric in 2010 and we co-operated on several AC projects since that time. I always
found him to be very conscientious and helpful and nothing was ever too much trouble, especially
when it came to making sure every last detail on an AC, was as close as possible to when it left
Thames Ditton.

Frédéric will be greatly missed by his family and also by the many clients who's cars he either restored
or worked on.

Luke.

bobbylangley

• View Profile
Re: Frédéric Delaere
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 14:44:45 »
Luke, perhaps you can do a small obit and send it to Terry for publication in ACtion...?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023, 18:12:07 »
Bob.
Obit to Frederic
Great Idea.  ..  ..  ..  Luke it would be really appreciated if you could pen a few lines.
Frederic supplied numerous parts to owners and restorers of Ace Bristol's  in the UK &  throughout Europe over the past few years.
He set exceptional  high standards with both  parts and workmanship .  A good example being his reproduction  Ace seat runners which  were a work of art and of such accurate high quality it is a shame they are hidden under seats and  out of sight.
Deep condolences to Frederic's family.

Keith

CiaraDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 14:35:02 »
I am sorry to hear of the passing of Frederick Delaher. his contributions to the community will be greatly missed. It is clear that he was passionate about his work and did his best to ensure that every detail was as close to the original specifications as possible. My condolences to his family and loved ones, as well as to the many clients who benefited from his expertise and dedication. It is always hard to lose someone who was so valued and respected in his field, and I hope those who knew him find comfort in the memories they shared with him.