Author Topic: "AC Ace and AC Aceca pictured"  (Read 5273 times)

Jim A

• View Profile
"AC Ace and AC Aceca pictured"
« on: November 26, 2010, 00:12:28 »
This may be a website familiar to all, but I just found it.
   The only title I can find is the subject line and it is by "Stephan"
   http://www.acaceca.de.tl/
   It has categories for Aces, Acecas, Bristols, 2.6's etc.
   There are pictures of a staggering number of AC's, including over 200 Ace Bristols.
   The car (BEX 275) J Jones mentions as for sale by Jim Feldman is pictured.
   The Ace I owned from 1960 to 1992 (BEX 241) is pictured.  That car was totally destroyed by fire, yet it is also pictured in its apparent current condition with a reproduction numbers plate.
   Keith's 333 is well represented.
   Give it a look.

aex125

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 00:42:38 »
Wow! Now that is impressive. It looks like he has been trolling the web for awhile, although he does not have the current photos of AEX125.

Jay

jrlucke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 03:52:20 »
I came across this site recently and was amazed at the volume of cars and photos he has collected  including mine from when I owned RS5024 in the 1970's which to my knowledge are not posted anywhere in the internet.

Is his assignment of numbers to cars correct?

John

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:53:24 »
I think this is the work of Stefan Dierkes, who has a website devoted to Pietro Frua.

Frua designed the AC 428, which is a part of the catalogue in this website

http://www.pietro-frua.de/

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 14:20:57 »
Goes back a bit but I think it's probably Stephan also in Germany

Scroll to bottom

http://acfrua428.activeboard.com/index.spark?aBID=115841&p=3&topicID=15999711

Together with a topic on the forum in March 2007

http://www.acownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=330

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 14:43:13 »
Very interesting resource...and I thought I was good at digging up stuff on the `net!!! There are pics of mine of BE212(5BPG) and some of Keith`s I`ve not seen before. Good stuff!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 18:12:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Very interesting resource...and I thought I was good at digging up stuff on the `net!!! There are pics of mine of BE212(5BPG) and some of Keith`s I`ve not seen before. Good stuff!

Nik

The site belongs to a Good AC Friend.....  Stephan  Phel. [:)]

Emails, pictures and info has been regularly exchanged over the years between Stephan Phel, Tim Isles, Tony Bancroft, Jerry Van Kalleveen and myself.  We just haven't publisied it because some of the data has been given to us confidentially for our personal records and complementing the Official ACOC registers and is not necessarily for the public domain. [B)]

Hopefully, Stephan doesnt request we remove the link.  A few of us did suggest a series of Pictorial Register of each AC model for this Forum but it was rejected by Tony Micheals and the ACOC Council some time ago (about four years ago give and take 6 months.) As some members / non members might object to having their car made pulic, Mind you the initial idea was to accessed via the members section.

However a great link well worth a visit, Hopefully stephan and or the respective registrars  benifit in the long term by learning of other Aces that have slipped off the radar.

ENJOY!!!. [:p]

Cheers for Now

Keith

Jim A

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 21:50:09 »
Keith: I wonder if you mean Stephan Pehl.
   You say "Hopefully, Stephan doesnt request we remove the link."
   Are you referring to the link I included in opening this topic?  Are such things done?

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 23:54:52 »
I doubt he will want the link removed, as on his front page, he links to this site!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 01:08:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jim A

Keith: I wonder if you mean Stephan Pehl.
   You say "Hopefully, Stephan doesnt request we remove the link."
   Are you referring to the link I included in opening this topic?  Are such things done?

Jim

Them Gremlings are at it again,  Should read Stephan Pehl,  my typo.

Stephans site has been known to many of us and We (ACOC members) have contributed 100s of pictures to his site, likewise he has contributed some to my pictorial library and to the Ace Registers.

Hopefully between all of us we locate and confirm the existence of some Aces that have not been seen or heard of for many years. Also just might confirm racing History of some Aces that later custodians were unaware of.

I shared the pictures you kindly sent me many moons ago of your Old Ace BEX241 with Stephan and the Registrars in hope that the registers are more comprehensive and accurate.... It's net working on Forums like this that help maintain accurate History of each AC.

As Nik confirmed earlier,  Stephan's web sit is linked to the ACOC so no reason why he wish you remove this thread.

Keith [:)]

AcecaRacer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 07:31:35 »
Great site!