Author Topic: Story  (Read 2870 times)

Jim A

• View Profile
Story
« on: December 12, 2010, 22:42:56 »
In the summer of 1965, I drove my Ace from Los Angeles to Massachusetts. In the summer of 1966, I drove it back.
   Good things and nearly disastrous ones happened along the way, including apparently insurmountable mechanical problems solved, in part, by amazing generosity.
   I would like to tell the story, but it may run long for this venue.
   Anyone want to hear it?  Is there a better place?

tinnes

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 23:39:54 »
Jim -

Love to hear it - those were some of the last years to do cross-country before the Interstates were all connected. In an Ace - super! I would be interested in any other Ace owners  you might have connected with in Massachusetts.

tom i - first cross country trip from MA to CA in December of '68 in a '66 Ford Galaxie.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Story
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:09:27 »
If you would like to write it up and send it to Terry Webb, ACtion editor, with a few photos, I'm sure he would be interested in publishing it.  His email address is terry3000me at aol dot com.  Sounds like it was an interesting journey!

ANTOINE PRUNET

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 12:20:42 »
Yes of course. Please do it.

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 18:02:51 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jim A

In the summer of 1965, I drove my Ace from Los Angeles to Massachusetts. In the summer of 1966, I drove it back.
   Good things and nearly disastrous ones happened along the way, including apparently insurmountable mechanical problems solved, in part, by amazing generosity.
   I would like to tell the story, but it may run long for this venue.
   Anyone want to hear it?  Is there a better place?

Great idea back in the Summer of 65 .......... The adventure deserves to be shared,  Hopefully complemented by some Period shots of the Ace you and the young lady who accompanied you ......It was 65... so assuming you had a female or two in tow.[;)]

Not all ACOC mnembers use the forum so definitely worth posting on the Forum and sending to Terry Webb the ACtion Editor.

Look forward to reading chapters one and two.... etc[:p]

Keith