Author Topic: AC Frua Restoration Part 2  (Read 82713 times)

BBK

• View Profile
AC Frua Restoration Part 2
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2013, 03:36:10 »
Beautiful!

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2013, 06:55:11 »
Hi Guys, here are a couple of photos of the car being prepped for painting under carriage, engine compartment and boot.

Once painted, reassembly will start, I am told it will go fast and that I should get the car by summer's end!

Emmanuel[:)]

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2013, 08:01:31 »
WOW!
   Emmanuel, I looked back to see when you started this quest, and your first post (that I found) was in 2007.
   Since before then, you've been steadily engaged in bringing your car back to life, and rectifying the 'temporary' work it was subjected to in the past.
   You've done a wonderful job. It will be a MUCH "better than new" car.
   In my opinion, that is fully justifiable. You have given the thought and care this rare car deserves. I think you've honored the effort by Derek Hurlock and AC cars, who tried to bring an exciting GT car to market at the time, by doing the development work they did not have the financial resources to do when it was new. But your car is STILL what it was, and still authentic and improved!
   Moreover, you've been extremely helpful (I think) to others, by documenting what you've done.There's not a bit of deception here!
   Whenever you decide to move your car on to another owner, that lucky person will have incontrovertible evidence of what was done, and how well it's been done! AND much of the work has been done by the same guys who worked on the original AC/Shelby Cobras!
   Congratulations!.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2013, 23:46:08 »
Jeffrey, Thank you for your kind words, it's been a labor of love. The car's frame is now ready for painting, suspension bits, differential and steering rack have been removed, refinished, painted and rebuilt when needed. The rear end is now 3.31 as it is in your car. The whole chassis has been stripped and prepped for painting. Next week, it will be painted underneath and in the engine compartment and then re-assembly will start. the wiring loom is being re-taped using the correct material used by Lucas. Still on schedule for end of summer!
   Emmanuel [:)]

Englishman

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2013, 02:00:27 »
Hi Emmanuel,
   Were the doors I sent to you of any use and any news of CF64.
   Cheers
   Peter

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2013, 19:56:17 »
Sorry, Guys I have been busy on many other things. The car is slowly getting back together. Suspensions have been reinstalled, every bits and bolts have been either repainted or re-plated. Looks awesome. Even the wiring loom has been re-wrapped and new correct connectors added. Photos will be posted shortly. I went so far, I decided that everything should be new or like new so the car will be showroom clean. Might as well. Rear end is now 3.31 as Jeffrey's.

Peter, sorry for late response, we are using the glass and some window mechanism.

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2013, 03:36:48 »
I just wanted to share these pictures taken a little while ago with my cell phone. More to come!

Installation of front suspension with new high quality Penske Shocks
   [/URL]

Brake Servos installation with new lines being made up, same a old ones!
   [/URL]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2013, 06:39:35 »
As mentioned above, I have a few more photos:
   [/URL]

Engine Compartment:
   [/URL]
   [/URL]
   Front right suspension:
   [/URL]

siegfried

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 24, 2013, 11:07:16 »
Congratulations!.Emanuel
   I just started the restoration off my  428 and i hope we can achieve this fantastic result.
   A merry Christmas to all the members
   Siegfried

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 25, 2013, 17:43:45 »
Hi Siegfried, I wish you all the luck for your restoration, I am sure you will do great, patience is of the essence and documentation is super important. I am happy to help you with anything you need, don't hesitate and ask. It's so nice to look at a rust and hole free car, nothing but fresh and shiny paint! Just like it was when it left the factory. You want to smile.

Merry Christmas to all members and Happy New Year to all members as well.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2013, 13:41:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by Emmanueld...It's so nice to look at...nothing but fresh and shiny paint! Just like it was when it left the factory.Emmanuel[:)]
Well, no offence to the revered staff of Thame Ditton, but your (nor any!) car looked THAT good when it left the factory!
   Hope you get to start putting miles on it this year, Manny, it`s about time you started reaping the rewards of a job VERY well done! [8D]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 02, 2014, 16:33:01 »
Well. Thank You and Happy New Year to all of you! Let's add some life to this forum in 2014.

I hope to be able to enjoy the car soon. All the best!

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2014, 17:11:00 »
Engine out of storage!

[/URL]

Emmanueld

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2014, 16:37:10 »
Insulation, this is the key to having a drivable and enjoyable Frua! We will use this space age fiber which comes from the Space Shuttle which is both extremely light and provides amazing insulation. It is standard material for Cobra restoration here. Obviously asbestos is no longer an option. So we will apply this material outside the foot boxes and inside the transmission tunnel. My car being a later model already has the cabin cooling air ducks traveling inside the wheels inner fenders instead of in the engine compartment as in early models. You can actually get cool air coming out of the vents! Photos to follow! Throughout this project, we have tried to re-use a maximum of the old parts including bolts and nuts so as to preserve originality as much as possible. All the improvements made to the car will be easily reversible and the original parts are stored and available to an eventual buyer.

Rheinubung

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2014, 22:41:35 »
Hello, Emmanuel:
   Will you be using anti-sway bars? What are you using for brake pads?
   Best Wishes,
   Rheinubung