Author Topic: Bumper end caps  (Read 587 times)

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
Bumper end caps
« on: February 04, 2023, 23:36:48 »
I'm getting a few sets of bumper end caps made, and just thought I should double check that the original ones I have from my car are actually correct.
I've attached some photos, if anybody could confirm that they are correct that would be wonderful!
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards Nick 

Aceca289

• View Profile
Re: Bumper end caps
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 06:53:29 »
Hi Nick,

I’m not sure if/when AC switched to the end caps shown in your pics (during or after production). Here’s a pic of my front bumper showing the original style end caps on top and the replacement end caps on the bottom (that came with replacement bumpers, which I believe were ordered from the Works in the late 80’s). Btw my new bumpers are stainless steel along with the end caps. My original bumpers were chrome plated. My car is a 55 Aceca. A local friend with a 59 Aceca has a similar mismatch of bumper end caps. Perhaps someone else on this forum knows about when the switch was made?

Let me know if you’d like some more detailed pictures and measurements of the early type end caps. I’d be interested in getting some of the early style end caps if you decide to have some made.

I hope this helps.

John
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 06:55:40 by Aceca289 »

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
Re: Bumper end caps
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 09:10:18 »
Hi John
Thanks so much for the info and photo.
The bottom one looks identical to the ones I've got, although I have got a couple of the other style ones in amongst the boxes of bits.
If anybody can add any more info or photos that would be great.
Depending on which style turns out to be correct I might be able to supply a few extra sets if required.
Many thanks for your help.
Kind regards Nick