Author Topic: Aceca Brooklands on eBay  (Read 12198 times)

Mark IV

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 12:14:27 »
I have driven that car......April 1999 from the factory to London's outskirts. A very nice gentleman's express, were it not for the issues with importing it and getting it on the road in the US, my bid would be in.

I have extensive photos we took at the time as well as ones of the revised Aceca being built for the NMS with different front styling by Ron Saunders.

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 13:50:51 »
it's getting close to 25 years, isn't that the cut off for having to comply with modern day regulations.

jbottini

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 14:15:38 »
Gus, I was with MKIV on those jaunts..with A.L. and others. I think that car is 10 years old...not 25...probably complied with epa as it was a Ford powertrain. No idea what crash specs were or if certifiable in US then...Rick and I did not get that far with the project. Car was very well done, great drive and ride and is a 'one off' as far as I know. jim

nikbj68

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 18:55:58 »
So it didn`t make reserve...
   And anyway, I know of another one, in purple...

jbottini

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 00:54:08 »
Gus, In talking to MKIV, we recall three cars all sort of one offs. The green one on ebay, a black one with redone rear fender contours;we wathched Ron Saunders reconyouring them; and a a regular bonnett cover (versus the clamshell on the green one)done for Earles Court or something in '99 or '00 and another in partial assembly in a side workshop. Does that agree with your or perhaps Trevors recollections? Jim

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 11:05:26 »
Gus, James, Nik

These Cars bring back Special Memories for both my late Father & I.

BEX333 was in for body repairs at A C Heritage due to dissagreement with Ace ground clearance and the Ferry Ramp at Liverpool Docks on returning from the Manx Classic 2007.

Upon arrival at the Mercedes Test Track at the Old Brooklands Circuit, Steve Gray of A C Heritage threw me a set of AC Keys and said " As it's Fathers Day (17th June 2007) Would I like to take my Father round the Test Track in the light green Aceca [?]"
   Well what a silly question  .... Is the Pope Catholic ?

The Aceca in question was then owned by Piers J Martin (Lancaster.  UK) who also owned a second Aceca Brooklands and I believe a vast hoard of Aceca Brooklands spares purchsed from AC Cars.

Steve Gray used the Light Green Aceca as a daily driver for some months racking up a few thousand miles.

I  have emailed 7 on track pictures to Gus , Hopefully Gus can post a few  pictures. If not I must learn the technique of posting pictures on our Forum.

Steve,  You made the 2007 Fathers Day a very special Day.  Appreciated by both Dad (Les) & I. [:)]

Keith

jbottini

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 17:54:22 »
Love to see the pics...we had a nice few days with A.L. in "99

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 19:04:53 »
Keith,

Reference the Aceca, I bought all the parts, spare Aceca chassis, bucks and mechanic's of the cars. I have around 25 tons of stuff at home. I plane to use a lot of the parts to build the Aceca as a track going car. The chassis is great, just some damage from the brooklands fire [nothing too bad].

The Ace & Aceca Brooklands are very underrated cars. Only 4 Aceca's chassis's got built. I have the last [no.4] in my garage. I have nearly got the register up to date, just a few more entries. I have created a continuation section covering Pier's three Ace's and my Aceca. As they all have been built using AC parts and the chassis came from the factory.

jbottini

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 20:09:37 »
hawk289,
   I believe there be a couple more chassis in South Africa at Superformance as Jimmy was building them for A.L as I recall...unless they were re-purposed.Jim

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 20:55:30 »
Jim,

The Chassis in South Africa I do not hold in the register, as the only details I have are of the Brooklands car. The South Africa cars are unknown.

I have all the bucks for the cars. If members need to restore the cars, etc. I can lend bucks, also I have some of the hard to get parts, etc. in my garage.

John.

Mark IV

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 21:46:18 »
We Jim B. and I were last at Brooklands (Vickers Road works) there were at least 4 Ace chassis/body units painted and ready to assemble. These were outside in the steel shipping racks (two per rack, piggyback). I have somewhere some pictures of these.

As near as I can tell, no Aces were completed beyond the light blue metallic LHD car for the NMS. This was a repaint of a car that was to be our US demo car. Alan had claimed he had a "deal" with DeBeers diamonds to feature/give away/promote AC as a marketing partner of DeBeers.

What happened to the units that were at Broklands when things wound down? Were they binned or does someone have them stashed away? I know Jimmy Price at Hi Tech has an Ace that was used to tool the builds in Port Elizabeth.

hawk289

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 21:52:18 »
All the chassis's and parts were sold to Piers, he had at least four chassis's and one aceca chassis. All chassis built into cars. So all being used, the green Aceca he had was really nice, but needed a bit of interior work.

jbottini

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 22:47:09 »
Good to knon "they" are in good custody

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Aceca Brooklands on eBay
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 23:30:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by hawk289

Keith,

Reference the Aceca, I bought all the parts, spare Aceca chassis, bucks and mechanic's of the cars. I have around 25 tons of stuff at home. I plane to use a lot of the parts to build the Aceca as a track going car. The chassis is great, just some damage from the brooklands fire [nothing too bad].

The Ace & Aceca Brooklands are very underrated cars. Only 4 Aceca's chassis's got built. I have the last [no.4] in my garage. I have nearly got the register up to date, just a few more entries. I have created a continuation section covering Pier's three Ace's and my Aceca. As they all have been built using AC parts and the chassis came from the factory.

John

regards Piers owning 3 Ace Brooklands ?? have the Gremilngs struck, did he not have two complete Aceca Brooklands and a third incomplete Aceca Brooklands plus spare chassis and all the AC spares.

As you rightfully stated  The Light Green Aceca needed a little finishing on the Red interior and a bit of attention in the electrical department, otherwise was very underrated, Just like the better looking Ace Brooklands which really are a Cheap 4 / 5 litre entry level TRUE AC,  which knocks spots of the MKV & MKV1 Cobra.

True value for money, No wonder Dave Goose bought two Acecas this year and a few members who sold theirs e.g. Keith jecks & Bob Langley regret parting with them.[:(]

7 pictures of the Light Green Aceca posted on my behalf by Gus can be found in the General section of our Forum.  Gus can you copy them over to complement this thread...  ... Cheers [:)]

Keith