Author Topic: AC Car Registry  (Read 29166 times)

Old Crock

• View Profile
Re: AC Car Registry
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2022, 12:09:11 »
This would be a lot of work and I congratulate Andrey in taking it on, especially as some registers are so out of date as to be bordering on worthless. It does have very good potential.

The questions are (a) what it would contain and (b) where it should be published. If it is known (and generally available) information, it could have its own section on this actual website or it could have a stand-alone site.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2022, 13:26:19 »
Why is it necessary to have another separate Vintage register to that which exists?
Could they be combined?
Robin

Old Crock

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2022, 15:24:37 »
Why is it necessary to have another separate Vintage register to that which exists?
Could they be combined?
Robin

See reply #8 - I read it that Andrey wishes to put a complete list of cars in one place (= not just the vintage). In answer to your question, the vintage register is updated approx every 10 years, the last one was issued in Spring 2014. They are historically inaccurate, hopelessly out of date and incomplete.

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2022, 15:32:16 »
.... are you proposing an open register of all AC vehicles all on this forum?
/Paho

Yes
Well Andrey I afraid I cannot agree to you publishing any individual and personal information on my AC in such a register.
/Paho

Thank you for your reaction. And if this information is already in open sources?
Hi Andrey,
the information on my vehicle on open sources that I know of, has been made anonymous with no registration information or ownership information which is as
it should be. Otherwise details were in the AC Club register (but the info. was scrambled in the last update that I am aware of). That register has controlled access and is not public.
I can see the need for upto date registers and I admire and respect your interest. Why not contact the club and offer your services?
/Paho

"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

jrlucke

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2022, 18:30:13 »
As a 60 year AC enthusiast and club member when I owned an Ace in the 1970's  I'm not sure the forum is meant for this type of use and is the administrator/owner of the site up to the cost of storage space for the information/images and are there copyright issues with the use of images posted. I think this is something which needs coordination with the admisitrator and most likely should be a separate area of the website in a format similar to that of the https://acace123.de.tl/AC-Ace-and-AC-Aceca.htm website or Barchetta site for Ferraris, etc.

The information is obviously of interest to many enthusiast's but I'm not sure this is necessarily the place or format.

John

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2022, 20:43:44 »
I agree with John. I would hope that something can be agreed with the powers that be.

/Paho

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2022, 05:23:19 »
As I understand it, many are only concerned about information on current car owners.

I could exclude it if the owners themselves do not show off their cars on their pages on social networks.

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2022, 06:54:34 »
As I understand it, many are only concerned about information on current car owners.

I could exclude it if the owners themselves do not show off their cars on their pages on social networks.

Your understanding is probably correct....but it still doesn't exempt you or the forum from GDPR.
For example thats why the club requests permission to store personal information when joining the club.
/Paho

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2022, 09:57:32 »
Auto-Carrier Delivery Van #n/a

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2022, 09:58:25 »
Auto-Carrier Delivery Van #AC 4684