Author Topic: Water Pump  (Read 899 times)

Cygnusii

• View Profile
Water Pump
« on: November 17, 2022, 13:38:47 »
Ian Irving-Fynn has developed an improved water pump for the 2 litre cars.  Mine was in very poor condition and I was not looking forward to finding a replacement.  Ian was able to repair the original housing and rebuild the pump using the much improved components he has made.  These pumps are a weakness in an otherwise nice engine.  With new pistons from Rod Briggs and Ian's rebuilt pump, I should have a good engine for touring.  Rod advertises in the newsletter.  Contact Ian at 07900 956024. 

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
Re: Water Pump
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 15:09:31 »
Maybe i should start advertising my new Engine components, I am probably the only company making completely new water pumps for PVT & Post war Weller engines, the castings are significantly superior material with machining to a much higher standard than the original AC Company parts.
The AC Company Post War water pumps corrode quite badly & have a support bronze bush running in water unlubricated, we use a modern sealed stainless double row bearing with modern water seals, the first pump was made for a 2- litre saloon about 17 years ago & is believed to be still running well.
I understand we are the only company making completely new parts , a certain repair company is advertising for old water pump bodies which we would never do as we have our own casting patterns & use LM25TF aluminium.
All of our engine parts are made from best quality material & machined to a high standard, castings are made from our own tooling.
Owners should have confidence that new engine parts are available for these wonderful engines.

Robin     

dsjw1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 05:21:05 »
Robin does the new pump also fit the Buckland? If so,what are you charging for one?

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 10:13:49 »
The Water Pumps will fit all Post War Weller Engines.
They are basically made to the AC Drawings with modified bearings, shafts & pulleys!
Robin