Author Topic: Period photographs  (Read 805 times)

AEX 31

• View Profile
Period photographs
« on: November 09, 2022, 16:22:07 »
Dear all,

Every now and then I come across interesting period photos from the AC factory or from other sources that hold valuable information. So my question is if the club or any individuals have any images that could possibly be shared in one way or another. It could be a valuable resource for anybody restoring their cars. It would obviously be beneficial if the images could be scanned to a high resolution and then be made available one way or another?

I realise that my question is somewhat vague but I suspect that there are some great images lying hidden in drawers that could help us interested in keeping our cars as original as possible.

So if anybody has any images that they could consider sharing or selling or if the club has any please let me know.

Kind regards Jonas

Aceca289

• View Profile
Re: Period photographs
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 22:03:50 »
This link contains many early Factory Photos. It’s been posted to the Forum before, but this seems like a good place to post it again for those who haven’t seen these pics. Lots of good stuff here!

Tip - You can download larger jpg images by opening each pic and the saving a copy (3XX KB images vs. less than 100KB images if you download them straight from the main image screen).

https://www.johnrossmotorracingarchive.co.uk/index.php?twg_album=AC+Cars&twg_show=RB+341+-+AC+Aceca+-+chassis+-+October+1955.jpg

Best,

John
AEX521

AEX 31

• View Profile
Re: Period photographs
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 19:06:42 »
John,

Thanks for the link. I have indeed seen this and it has been very helpful when trying to get some details correct on my car, AEX 31.

There are for instance some pictures from 1954 and 1955 of show chassis that I guess could contain interesting information if available in high resolution.

Does anybody know if the club has any images in the archives?

Jonas