Author Topic: Suspension/Steering  (Read 5779 times)

david1953

• View Profile
Suspension/Steering
« on: September 25, 2010, 14:28:28 »
For my sins i have recently purchased a 1998 ace automatic.The suspension is in need of attention as a little gooey and wondered if ay one had played with various spring/damper rates to save me the hard work.Ditto the steering.Any other sugggestions (polite or otherwise) would be most welcome.My tel no. is 01536 330444 which is in Northants.Many thanks,David Hodgson.

nikbj68

• View Profile
Suspension/Steering
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 16:40:41 »
Welcome to the forum, David, and good luck with your Ace.
   Contact Steve Gray @ AC Heritage who may be able to advise you, as I know they have worked on many.

shep

• View Profile
Suspension/Steering
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 18:07:55 »
I have only just stumbled onto this thread, but I remember that Ian Irvine Fynn did a lot of work on the suspension of his Ace or Aces and made them handle superbly. If you wanted a contact number, I'm sure I can put you in touch. Andy.

david1953

• View Profile
Suspension/Steering
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 16:30:48 »
Shep,or should that be Andy !
   Many thanks for your reply,I would be delighted to have Ian's phone or e mail address as I would like to use this auto ace this year  and any info on shocks and springs etc would be most welcome.Again,thanks for taking the trouble to reply as I have not been flooded out with info via this mode.
   Regards,David.

shep

• View Profile
Suspension/Steering
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 18:27:13 »
Hi David, I'll try to find a contact number tonight. Seeing your User Name, you weren't born in Coronation Year were you? We may have more in common than just cars!

david1953

• View Profile
Suspension/Steering
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 19:15:10 »
Yes,a good year but then i wou;d think that...Again any info is always welcome,certainly in respect of these vehicles.Whilst i can always corner weigh and go by the results from the 3Lt prototype that i have spent three and a half years mechanicaly renovating.Just got to do the bodywork now due to aly and steel not mixing too well.
   Regards,David.