Author Topic: Mk V New Pictures  (Read 5327 times)

Chafford

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« on: December 01, 2006, 20:44:10 »
Here are the latest pictures of the Mk V from Clive Sutton:

http://www.clivesutton.net/category.php?catid=601

Mark IV

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 00:08:57 »
EWWWWW!!!!

Sorry, but when you put grandma in a miniskirt, it goes against nature.

Could those rear over riders be ANY bigger?
   Rick

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 00:53:54 »
I'm not to thrilled with the tail lights or dash either...

SB7019

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 10:45:57 »
I can only see two possible justifications for the front and rear indicator lights - which both lookout of place to me.  One would be that they are needed to meet legislation, the other would be to differentiate the car fom replicas.  If it's the former they had no alternative.  If it's the latter then anyone who would notice that level of difference would know how to tell a CRS etc from a replica anyway.   As for the dash it has never looked right to me  - which is why I had my Superblower built with a Mk 3 dash.  It will be very interesting to see if these cars sell at all - though with the amount of bonus money running around the city at the moment anything is possible!

Chafford

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 14:37:31 »
The point is this is an AC , not an exact replica of a '66 427.  With the AC badge it will sell, assuming AC have sorted out the build quality. And they should make a profit this time, as wages and rents in Malta are likely to be much lower than in the UK.

Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 14:46:39 »
There ya go now we are thinking like businessmen ... labor cheaper, materials cheaper, as long as its not at the expence of quality ... because that would really destroy the name.  Very often car lovers who start businesses fail because the LOVE clouds the vision of making money.

Ron

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 15:46:42 »
I agree that this is an AC and that is great in itself, but maybe they can let the "cobra" body go, why mess with perfection? just design a new looking car.

Chafford

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 20:15:58 »
They did! The new AC Ace in the late 90s. The Cobra shape is a safe and relatively cheap option for a small-scale company.

jbottini

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 21:48:24 »
Yes they did and the Ace and Aceca were very nice cars. erhaps not completely sorted when the motoring press drive them, but in 1999 when I drove and rode in them in UK, I felt they were very marketable cars. There were issues as all cars have, for certification etc, but great cars, well sorted out, styled for the period and  with the level of "bespoke " they offered , very unique.

Mark IV

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 00:56:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

Yes they did and the Ace and Aceca were very nice cars. erhaps not completely sorted when the motoring press drive them, but in 1999 when I drove and rode in them in UK, I felt they were very marketable cars. There were issues as all cars have, for certification etc, but great cars, well sorted out, styled for the period and  with the level of "bespoke " they offered , very unique.

Yeah,

What he said. The Ace of 1999 was a marketable car that cost AC very little vs. the suggested selling price. However some investment was needed to complete the Euro/US certifications and the management was not willing to invest the funds to do so. A real shame.......

But as the Chairman said at that time to JBOTTINI and myself...."what the F**K do you know, you are just bloody Americans....

Rick[:0]

TLegate

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 14:18:09 »
But as the Chairman said at that time to JBOTTINI and myself...."what the F**K do you know, you are just bloody Americans....

So that'll be famous last words then Rick..? (Sometimes those comments just bite yer bottom every now and then!)

nikbj68

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 18:31:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by Trevor Legate

So that'll be famous last words then Rick..? (Sometimes those comments just bite yer bottom every now and then!)

BUT(T?) He`s still hanging on, one way or another, No?
   The Fat Lady may have cleared her throat, but has she voiced the 'coda' yet? [:D]
   (p.s. was it just me or were half the photos not showing up?)

TLegate

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 21:21:29 »
The Fat Lady..!!! Brace yourself for the lawyers letter Nik....

Mark IV

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 00:19:35 »
Trevor,
   Have I stepped in it this time? I never seem to know when I have "crossed the line" and go from "pithy comments" and "yeasty streams of concousness" (a classic Brock Yates term)to just stupid!

Gee, musta been a slow day around the world, lotsa posts today.
   Rick

TLegate

• View Profile
Mk V New Pictures
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 18:05:44 »
Not at all Rick - a pertient and intriguing insight into the upper levels of management at AC Cars at the time. (Any other little gems?) But nowt wrong with a 'pithy comment' or two.