Author Topic: USA 428 Registrar still active ?  (Read 3742 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
USA 428 Registrar still active ?
« on: August 19, 2010, 16:33:08 »
Anyone know if Jim Fieldman, who I think is the USA AC 428 Registrar is still active ? Try and track down a few more 428s perhaps... ?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 19:30:43 »
Classicus........

To my knowledge Jim Feldman is definitely alive and firing on all cylinders, he has a impressive collection of ACs and a vast wealth of Knowledge on everything relating to AC ......  If he is no longer with us, I WANT FIRST CALL on his Zagato bodied ACE BRISTOL. [:p][:p][:p]....BEX477 ..[:)]

Keith

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 22:22:03 »
Jim Feldman's cars are: CF14 1967 convertible, CF 40 fastback.  old cars CF 60, coupe, CF 3 convertible both sold on.

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 23:15:13 »
I was speaking with Jim as I submitted the previous post (couldn't find a pen), and Yes, he is still the N. American ACOC registrar. He does not, however, have a computer - so he relies on phone and FAX.

As he does not use a computer, he's not seen this forum.

He is restoring his Fastback, and I've filled him in on some of what others have been doing in regard to the heat issue.

He's installing insulation, and would like input on what material to use. I can't recall what the (German?) material is called that is used on present-day race cars and aircraft. Anyone have a suggestion?

J Jones

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 23:32:39 »
By the way...... Thank you, Classicus, for your many contributions. I did not post Jim Feldman's phone and FAX numbers, as I do not know what peril there might be in doing so on this website. (None?). Jim welcomes calls and FAX from ACOC members and contributors, and is adamant that finding his number is easy. (true - I found it long ago without any difficulty)

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 11:30:05 »
Great thanks JJ ! Is there any way Jim could eventually get to a computer sometime and kindly check the Register and Archive, as the object is to try and resolve some of the last "No Trace" and "Unknown" entries ? Hopefully make them "Active"....

Thanks again for your help [:)]

Paul

Classicus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 23:29:12 »
Hopefully CF 1 above all....

quote:
Following filming (of the UK TV series "The Avengers") in the summer/autumn of '67 it was then sold by AC to its first private owner who had actually wanted a Cobra as a birthday present for his wife, but as Mk 111/AC289 Cobra production by that time was running down, they bought CF 1 instead, directly from AC Sales Manager Jock Henderson and allegedly with no knowledge it had been featured in the show.

Five years later it was advertised in Motor Sport magazine and sold to the US in or around 1973 and against all the odds it survives completely intact in the USA, with less than 40k miles on the clock from new and still on its original Avon tyres and sporting its unique metal hood cover, which was not adopted for general production on other 428's. In 2006 it was advertised by its long term owner mustangsonline for $120 000, but I'm not sure if it sold though.

http://acfrua428.activeboard.com/index.spark?aBID=115841&p=3&topicID=15997972

terry3000me

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 10:51:10 »
Jim's contact details (address, phone & fax numbers) can be found in ACtion on the 'Club Officers' page.
   One of Jim's last outings was in the 2010 California Mille in his Ace Bristol Zagato.

Terry