Author Topic: 1970s cars for Vintage at Goodwood Aug 13 -14  (Read 3059 times)

cobham cobra

• View Profile
1970s cars for Vintage at Goodwood Aug 13 -14
« on: July 14, 2010, 18:33:19 »
Malcolm MacKay contacted me recently in connection with the new event at Goodwood. Malcolm has been asked to help source British classic cars for display at the new "Vintage at Goodwood" event, on August 13-15. There are a whole list of cars on the wish list including cars from the 70s so the 3000ME may fit the bill.

Vintage is not strictly a car event - it's a Music Festival + Celebration of British Style, Music, Culture and Design from the 1940s to the 1980s and is the brainchild of leading British designer Wayne Hemingway.
   There will be sections set aside for each decade with many big-name artists performing in each, a whole High Street of 'period' shops will be created specially for the event, there will be fashion shows, art, design... take a look at www.vintageatgoodwood.com for the full picture.
   Cars should be brought down on the Thursday night to be on display in front of the 1940s/50s/60s/70s/80s areas until Sunday night/Monday morning: in return, Goodwood will provide each car two tickets for the whole event (normal price £135 each!) and campsite passes. The idea is to park the car in a group of 10-12 outside the entrance for each decade zone and leave it there for the weekend while you go and enjoy the rest of the event, or head home and pick it up later if you prefer. The cars will be displayed much as the cars are for the Cartier concours at the Festival of Speed.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with Malcolm.

Cheers - John.