Author Topic: AC 12 back on the radar  (Read 663 times)

JohnLay

• View Profile
AC 12 back on the radar
« on: August 03, 2022, 20:53:44 »
 After having taken on an AC 12hp in 2020, and being unable to do much with her, I’m delighted to say that we’ve managed to start using her as we emerge from some of the covid safeguards. Most recently, we took part in Pre War Prescott and had a fantastic weekend.

So much did we enjoy it, that when another AC 12 came to my attention, I couldn’t resist the opportunity to take it on as well.

The first car is XFR 513, originally registered in the Isle of Man as MN3513. She has been out and about in recent years, including at VSCC events.

The second, apparently just emerging from 30 years of poor storage and needing a fair bit of recommissioning work, notably to the wooden frame, is MF7932.

So, a couple of questions:

Does anyone on the Forum have any information on either of these cars, but especially MF7932?

Does anyone have any advice for getting the wood repaired - the frame supporting the Dicky seat is especially poor?

Is there any sort of group for 12 owners on WhatsApp or the like, where we can share pictures and discussion of these cars - and the quite significant differences between, apparently similar and contemporary cars?