Author Topic: Buyer beware  (Read 1345 times)

TTM

• View Profile
Buyer beware
« on: December 18, 2022, 14:28:35 »
The legal issues a friend of mine has been going through since he sold his Ace Bristol has put under the light the practices of some long term ACOC members, such as using the law to avoid bad publicity when the sale of a car has gone wrong. Whilst such practices are certainly not unheard of in this sad world where making ever bigger profits has become, for far too many, more important than common sense and basic morality, I am curious to see if the club will take any action (pun untintended) so that people in the know would not take advantage of their position to abuse naive and trustworthy enthusiasts who thought they were buying a troublefree car. I will not give names as I have better things to do in my life than triggering any personal affair against dishonest people who may well attempt in return to drag my name through the mud, but hearing about such misbehaviours, and to echo the explanatory letter of Barrie Bird in last month’s ACtion, I cannot help raising my hand and suggest writing a few names off the members’ list.

DGoose

• View Profile
Re: Buyer beware
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 15:18:34 »
Hi Thomas,

I think its fair to say that AC's are not immune from the attentions of those wishing to profit from the sale or restoration (or both) of classic cars and sadly problems can occur with any vehicle, as we all know its the way a problem is dealt with that sets the good guys apart from the bad !

I'm glad we've been able to communicate privately.

Best regards,

David

TTM

• View Profile
Re: Buyer beware
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 21:19:06 »
Hello David,

I do not have a problem with members making profits as long as it benefits the club and is done so in full transparency as to not abuse anyone. What remains to be defined is what actually benefits the club and what does not.

Indeed it has been good to discuss directly with you about the issue.

Best regards,
Thomas