Author Topic: AC display at the Goodwood Festival of speed  (Read 3911 times)

Admin1

• View Profile
AC display at the Goodwood Festival of speed
« on: June 26, 2010, 13:08:46 »
Goodwood Festival of Speed

bobbylangley

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 14:12:19 »
Mark Chowis' Willment Ghia won the Sixties Style and Status classjavascript:insertsmilie('[:)]')

left4dead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 18:06:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by aaron

A fine display.

[/img]

Hi there,

I saw this beautiful car on the display on Saturday but, unlike the other cars, there was no description. Is this car a 'new build'? If so, what ball park figure would one be talking for commissioning a similar car (assuming this display vehicle is not for sale)?

Any info gratefully received.

Steve.

nikbj68

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 18:51:01 »
quote:
Originally posted by left4dead...Hi there,

I saw this beautiful car on the display on Saturday but, unlike the other cars, there was no description. Is this car a 'new build'? If so, what ball park figure would one be talking for commissioning a similar car (assuming this display vehicle is not for sale)?
   Any info gratefully received.
   Steve.

Hi Steve, and welcome to the forum.
   There are so many variables to factor in for a new continuation Cobra such as this that you are best off speaking directly with Steve Gray @ Brooklands/AC Heritage.
   That said, you should realistically be thinking 6 figures, or the very high fives, at least.

I would, if I had that sort of money 'spare', be placing an order for the FiA that Aaron photographed above:

Mmmm, perfection! [8D]

[edit] Great minds, eh Bob?! Just you type faster than me!!![:D]

left4dead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 14:10:51 »
Hey,

Thanks for the replies and Aaron, I would love to be in a position to help you out with one! But I'm not  - sorry Boss!

I did overhear on the stand an employee explaining to someone that the cars took about 2000 man hours to build so at a conservative £50 p/h that's £100k's worth without components! I guess I'll have to sell the 911 & the Jag to fund one!

Out of interest, I have been looking at the two continuation cars from 2001/02 one of which is for sale through Rod Leach's Nostalgia the other through Premium Classics. I know that these sold for £150k at the time so what price are they seeking these days? More? LESS? Or around the same?

???

TLegate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 16:39:38 »
More. Lot more......