Author Topic: Door seal piping, original?  (Read 2086 times)

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
Re: Door seal piping, original?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2023, 10:10:11 »
Hi Eddie.
I've attached a couple of photos which might help a bit. These show the original set up on my Aceca. Let me know if you need any more info .
Kind regards Nick

Klassik Metall

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2023, 16:45:03 »
Hi Eddie,
The original door cards are made from approx 4mm thick plywood, covered in leather with no padding.
It's hard to tell from your photos but is there some padding under the leather on your car?
Regards, Luke.

SpqrEddie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2023, 19:50:42 »
Hi Eddie.
I've attached a couple of photos which might help a bit. These show the original set up on my Aceca. Let me know if you need any more info .
Kind regards Nick

Thank you Nick,
I should have read again your previous posts, thanks!
So if i understand correctly you belive to have original seals on your car, and the vertical one is thinner than the horizontal one? this might explain my issue, with the full size furflex it doesent closes.
Now i am not at the gargage, but will measure again what i got. and i will eventually build a seal myself of the right diameter.

SpqrEddie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2023, 19:55:08 »
Hi Eddie,
The original door cards are made from approx 4mm thick plywood, covered in leather with no padding.
It's hard to tell from your photos but is there some padding under the leather on your car?
Regards, Luke.

Hello Luke,
Thanks so much for these infos.
I will check the plywood thickness. The door panels are definetley not original. And indeed done with padding. I have removed the padding around the door controur, but still not thin enough. I ahve also reduced the panels so to not have them in fornt of the furflex, but unfortunately still not closing well. What suggested by Nick might be the solution. Thinner piping in that position.