Author Topic: AC 428 at AC Heritage  (Read 2570 times)

Classicus

• View Profile
AC 428 at AC Heritage
« on: June 01, 2010, 13:49:53 »
Just found 3 colour pics of a fabulous silver convertible on AC Heritage's website. Now if I could only read the number plate I'd know which CF number it is too [:D] [:D]

Thanks Steve for the great honour [8D]

http://www.acheritage.co.uk/BuildingProgressAprilPart%202~84.html

shep

• View Profile
AC 428 at AC Heritage
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 18:59:11 »
Hi Classicus, I had a look at the AC Heritage site and if the 428 pictured was silver originally and still carries the reg. no. listed in the register, it must be CF78, as it was silver with a 9 as the first number in the reg. no. If the colour has changed, it could be CF31 or CF77.What do you think? As values increase, we will start to see more cars appearing from barns and old garages, and heaven forbid, some re-creations built from salvaged "parts".

Andy.

Classicus

• View Profile
AC 428 at AC Heritage
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 20:42:46 »
Hi Andy

Thanks. I think it might be CF 78 and although it's now sporting the much more in keeping wire wheels than those shown in the Register photos, they've both got the same twin spots in the same locations under the front bumper. Also no wing mirrors in any of the pics. plus the radio aerial is in the same position too.

CF 77 pics. however have what look like the old period Raydot (?) pointed end wing mirrors, though they've been moved from the position in the pic. taken in front of the aircraft to another position in the street pics. Also hard to tell but there doesn't appear to be a radio aerial if you click on the Dutch Flickr link – then down to the bottom photo.

No idea unfortunately about CF 31 as it's Unknown.

With you all the way as far as values increasing and potential recreations possibly surfacing ! As a result and if values continue to rise big question must surely be what does the future hold for the few Cobra conversions, especially poor old CFX 35 which is still languishing in France and in Jan. '08 for sale at 200k Euros, though I think it's increased since then. Also CF 18 the Aceca bodied car....and so on ?

Paul