Author Topic: AC Prototype  (Read 2211 times)

Jam2

• View Profile
AC Prototype
« on: April 24, 2022, 19:39:44 »
Last Friday I wandered round a rather posh car show and spotted an unusual AC,  described as a 1962 prototype and registered 4000PE.

I feel sure I remember the number from somewhere, but old age is catching up and I can’t remember what the car actually is.

I have a photo but have failed miserably to post it.

SunDude

• View Profile
Re: AC Prototype
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 11:59:43 »
Last Friday I wandered round a rather posh car show and spotted an unusual AC,  described as a 1962 prototype and registered 4000PE.

I feel sure I remember the number from somewhere, but old age is catching up and I can’t remember what the car actually is.

I have a photo but have failed miserably to post it.

MA-200, perhaps? It wears the reg. plate 6000 PE and is currently for sale through DK Engineering, who was planning to show the car at Salon Privé.

Jam2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 05:55:21 »
Thank you sundude, that’s the one, I managed to misread the registration number.
Is it the car that initially was going to house the flat 6 engine,  what a shame that it never got to production, it did look good.

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 09:09:19 »
There have been a series of articles in ACtion on MA200, which among many other things firmly put to bed the story that it was a prototype for the flat six.  Join the club, get the info!  The annual subscription costs less than than a tank of fuel.  There's another short article in the current issue.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 09:11:22 by administrator »

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 15:30:05 »
Maybe the club should make the forum members only!
Robin

cjb44

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 18:38:57 »
Robin,
I believe that would be a bit short sighted. Many people retain their interest in AC's via the forum and I am sure the club will gain more welcome publicity via this medium, any misinformation or troll postings will always be picked up by the administrator or indeed by other knowledgeable members like yourself who keep us well informed.

Christopher.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 18:41:05 by cjb44 »

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 19:45:18 »
Christopher
You may be right, i am happy to help people needing support, i have never asked if they are in the Club.
Often i do have mechanics needing information & support which is given freely.
The Club is small , so more members would assist.
Robin

terry3000me

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2022, 23:22:36 »
Two page article on MA-200 in the April 2022 ACtion. It even tells you how much the car is to buy from DK Engineering - a worthy investment one would hope.
Terry.

Jam2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2022, 09:00:51 »
Robin I quite understand your comment ‘join the club’,  I was a member for many years, owning a 12/40 sports, 16/80 comp, Cobra. All the cars did a lot of miles.  I was also the Cobra registrar for a while.  I parted with all my cars in the 1990’s.   But still retain an interest and occasionally via this forum hope I have added something.   But I just don’t want to be a member of any more clubs and the associated cost and post.

Robin A Woolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2022, 10:54:53 »
Dear Jam2
You clearly had a big commitment to AC cars, i do understand the issue of maintaining interest & contact, Club Fees mount up & some are very expensive, AC Owners Club is unique having an open Forum, i hope you continue to enjoy keeping contact.
Robin