Author Topic: Brooklands Register  (Read 6875 times)

hawk289

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« on: October 17, 2013, 22:25:24 »
All,

During the year people have been sending me updates, I have two weeks off over Xmas allowing me to complete the register so we can print in the Action after Xmas. Can you please suppply information on your car.

I have decided to document the restore of my Ac Aceca Brooklands and also will document all the changes I'm doing for other owners (will be same as Ace). Remember we have a small number of cars and what has occurred with AC values. I have driven Cobra's, Ace, Aceca, etc. and the handling of the Brooklands is in my view the best.

I plan to complete the last chassis Aceca (No.4 again will document the car) to race standard. So now Bruce has taken over the sprint, I will focus effort on getting the Brooklands more visibility.

John

Nev

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 18:43:13 »
My details are unchanged,  and I am enjoying  driving the Ace, it never fails to turn heads either.

Looking forward to seeing the Aceca progress.

Max Allan

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 20:21:50 »
Don't wish to appear stupid but what info do you want?

hawk289

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 20:34:34 »
Max,

Basically any changes to car, improvements, colour, etc. or even if you have sold it. I keep an eye on the Market but I do miss the odd car.

John

Mark IV

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 21:25:27 »
I have found several pictures from 1999 of the Brooklands works and Aces, Superblowers, the prototype CRS and Acecas under build. I cannot post them as I am not a full member but if someone wants to email me I can send them for posting.

Rick@timemachinesauto.com

hawk289

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 07:59:47 »
Rick,

Many Thanks, I have emailed you. I have some pictures, but more would be welcome. Another important point is that this specific car is very rare so we can get very detailed on each car for future owners and records. I'm currently writing up what I have on each car. The interesting research, I have now found a list of the Mk3 (well South African car variant).

John

Mark IV

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 14:46:53 »
Note the picture of the Hi Tech built body/chassis on the shipping stand. there were sveral more sitting outside. As I understand these were "scrapped"...so the question remains were they really binned or do they exist somewhere?

I know Jim Price still has a yellow Brooklands Ace at the Hi Tech works that was the "sample" they worked from when tooling the Ace in Port Elizabeth.

hawk289

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 11:02:36 »
So, had a few people send in updates. I have been building the update to register. Plan to send for Action print straight after Xmas. I think I have got all cars that were ever produced understood and documented.

Mark IV

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 15:36:52 »
Would like to see the photos supplied posted for all to view.

saunthome

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 10:43:15 »
Dear John
   DE1063 all details you have are correct.
   Regards
   David

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 21:47:47 »
John

Daresay you are already aware , but to help keep the register updated and to inform those who may be interested in buying a very underated /undervalued  AC.:-

2009 Ace Brooklands...Chassis SA9AC3029YA621104 registration number ..  .. AE09EVL.
   Red with Cream Interior, complete with  detatchable Hardtop.
   mot till May 2014. is coming under the hammer:-

Lot No 90 at H&H Christmas Gala... Chateau Impey Speed Celebration.

Wednesday  4th December 2013.
Guide price  £15.000 - £18.000

Cheers

Keith..[;)]

hawk289

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 07:41:21 »
Keith, got this one. Also got the other Aceca that went to auction. Rick, will post all pictures when back on a faster network (Many Thanks for sharing)

Max Allan

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 23:14:41 »
Ace wise the H&H auction was a disappointment. Wonder what price the bidding stop?

saunthome

• View Profile
Brooklands Register
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 14:30:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by hawk289

All,

During the year people have been sending me updates, I have two weeks off over Xmas allowing me to complete the register so we can print in the Action after Xmas. Can you please suppply information on your car.

I have decided to document the restore of my Ac Aceca Brooklands and also will document all the changes I'm doing for other owners (will be same as Ace). Remember we have a small number of cars and what has occurred with AC values. I have driven Cobra's, Ace, Aceca, etc. and the handling of the Brooklands is in my view the best.

I plan to complete the last chassis Aceca (No.4 again will document the car) to race standard. So now Bruce has taken over the sprint, I will focus effort on getting the Brooklands more visibility.

John

Andrey1976b

• View Profile
Re: Brooklands Register
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2022, 05:05:47 »
<font size="2"><b>John</b></font id="size2">

Daresay you are already aware , but to help keep the register updated and to inform those who may be interested in buying a very underated /undervalued  AC.:-

2009 Ace Brooklands...Chassis<b> SA9AC3029YA621104 </b> registration number ..  .. <b>AE09EVL</b>.
   Red with Cream Interior, complete with  detatchable Hardtop.
   mot till May 2014. is coming under the hammer:-

<b>Lot No 90 at H&H Christmas Gala... Chateau Impey Speed Celebration.

Wednesday  4th December 2013.</b>Guide price  £15.000 - £18.000

Cheers

<b>Keith</b>..[;)]

The car is back for sale
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1990-ac-brooklands-ace