Author Topic: Aceca Bumpers  (Read 3830 times)

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
Aceca Bumpers
« on: May 06, 2022, 23:55:04 »
Hi everyone.
I'm in the process of getting some bumpers made up for my Aceca.
Over the last year and with lots of help from other Aceca owners, (thank you to all involved!) I've been able to get some really accurate patterns of both front and rear bumpers from 3 independent cars which still have totally original bumpers, ie with the correct lengths and radius for the curves, front and rear being slightly different.
The new ones are being made in mirror polished stainless steel.
Having done all the research and made templates, it seems a bit of a waste just getting mine made and there is also some cost saving in quantity which I'm very happy to share amongst other members, so I'm considering a small batch of possibly 10 sets, ie 10 pairs of front and 10 pairs of rear.
I'm just gauging interest at the moment so if your after a new set of bumpers please do let me know.
To give you an idea of price it should work out around £250 plus vat per end (ie £500 plus vat for a complete car set), this includes specially machined and welded in end caps.
I've got no idea of the level of demand for these so It would have to be on a first come first served basis.
Feel free to reply with any questions you may have or to register your interest.
Have a great weekend
Kind regards Nick

Vincent998

• View Profile
Re: Aceca Bumpers
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 16:35:38 »
I'm interested. My rebuild is getting to the point of having to make the bumpers and this would be great! Any idea of the shipping cost from the UK to the USA?

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 01:04:10 »
Hi Vincent, I'll look into it and let you know approx costs.
Many thanks Nick

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 11:25:48 »
Hi Vincent,
I've had a quick look regarding courier costs to USA and a it looks like UPS would do it for around £70, however you may have additional import duty to pay and this is only a really quick quote so allow a bit extra for packaging at my end and a bit of room for error on the courier costs and insurance etc.
I've never sent things outside the uk before so please excuse my inexperience in this department! If any other members have expertise regarding international postage I'd be very open to suggestions etc.
Many thanks
Kind Regards
Nick

Vincent998

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 16:18:22 »
Hi Nick:

That's very helpful. I will check this week to get an estimate of how much making them here would cost and then I'll get back to you. Have a good week!

Vincent

ctpearce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 17:53:22 »
Nick; even though I have some existing ones (as you saw) they don't match and the chrome ends tend to rust so I'm interested. Do the end caps look like the originals ie pushed into place,  either stainless (at the front on mine) protruding a little from the bumper diameter or chrome at the back (ex a piece of chrome furniture?) and flush with the  diameter of the bumpers?

Vincent998

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 19:04:51 »
Hi Nick:

That's very helpful. I will check this week to get an estimate of how much making them here would cost and then I'll get back to you. Have a good week!

Vincent

Hi Nick:

I've checked with my fabricator and it looks as though your bumpers, even with shipping, would cost less than he would charge. Can you provide a firmer estimate for them including shipping and packing? When do you expect they would be ready to ship?

Cheers
David

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2022, 18:46:34 »
Hi Chris and David, Thanks for your interest, I'll try and get some more info on the end caps and hopefully some illustrations, also once I know quantities I can get some firmer pricing together. I'm thinking at the moment that we may do just 5 sets so it might work out a little bit more than originally anticipated but I'll keep you posted.
Kind regards Nick

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2022, 13:19:43 »
Just a quick update on the bumpers. I'm looking into an option of making some separate end caps instead of them being an integral part of the bumper.  The plan being that externally they would look as close as possible to the original items. Apologies for the delay on this but I'll keep you updated with more info very soon.
Kind regards Nick

Vincent998

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2022, 17:50:36 »
Thanks, Nick. I'll look forward to learning what you discover!
David

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 23:56:32 »
Apologies for the embarrassing delay with the bumpers..... I am chasing the supplier but I'm beginning to think my little order might not be that important.
As soon as I have some news I'll let you know.
All best wishes Nick

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2022, 08:00:51 »
Quick update, I'm back on track now with the Aceca bumpers and will have some ready in the next few weeks.
The end caps will be coming from a different supplier and as soon as I have clarification on these I'll post some more details and hopefully some pictures.
Kind regards Nick

taffe9

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2022, 17:00:18 »
Hi Nick, a set of rear bumpers for me please, well done for keeping this project alive.
Regards
Martin

Vincent998

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2022, 18:26:17 »
Hi Nick:

My guys needed to move on and have made the bumpers, so no need to order now. Thanks for your efforts!

David

nicksonsticks

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2022, 19:12:54 »
Hi David, non problem at all,  thanks for letting me know. I'm only getting 3 sets made as there wasn't a huge interest, so this means that there would be one available for Martin if he's still interested. I'm expecting the bumpers to be ready in about 10 days but I'm not getting the end caps untill I've for the bumpers to match them to.
I'll update this post when I've got some more info.
Kind regards Nick