AC Owners Club Forum > Ace, Aceca & Greyhound Forum

Aceca Bumpers

(1/6) > >>

nicksonsticks:
Hi everyone.
I'm in the process of getting some bumpers made up for my Aceca.
Over the last year and with lots of help from other Aceca owners, (thank you to all involved!) I've been able to get some really accurate patterns of both front and rear bumpers from 3 independent cars which still have totally original bumpers, ie with the correct lengths and radius for the curves, front and rear being slightly different.
The new ones are being made in mirror polished stainless steel.
Having done all the research and made templates, it seems a bit of a waste just getting mine made and there is also some cost saving in quantity which I'm very happy to share amongst other members, so I'm considering a small batch of possibly 10 sets, ie 10 pairs of front and 10 pairs of rear.
I'm just gauging interest at the moment so if your after a new set of bumpers please do let me know.
To give you an idea of price it should work out around £250 plus vat per end (ie £500 plus vat for a complete car set), this includes specially machined and welded in end caps.
I've got no idea of the level of demand for these so It would have to be on a first come first served basis.
Feel free to reply with any questions you may have or to register your interest.
Have a great weekend
Kind regards Nick

Vincent998:
I'm interested. My rebuild is getting to the point of having to make the bumpers and this would be great! Any idea of the shipping cost from the UK to the USA?

nicksonsticks:
Hi Vincent, I'll look into it and let you know approx costs.
Many thanks Nick

nicksonsticks:
Hi Vincent,
I've had a quick look regarding courier costs to USA and a it looks like UPS would do it for around £70, however you may have additional import duty to pay and this is only a really quick quote so allow a bit extra for packaging at my end and a bit of room for error on the courier costs and insurance etc.
I've never sent things outside the uk before so please excuse my inexperience in this department! If any other members have expertise regarding international postage I'd be very open to suggestions etc.
Many thanks
Kind Regards
Nick

Vincent998:
Hi Nick:

That's very helpful. I will check this week to get an estimate of how much making them here would cost and then I'll get back to you. Have a good week!

Vincent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version