AC Owners Club Forum > General Forum

What goes on behind closed doors?

(1/3) > >>

GSouthee:
Why is it we have stopped getting Council Meeting minutes/updates in Action?

I mean Action is full of ruddy adverts, maybe it would be nice to have a couple of pages to know what's going on with the club.

G

bobbylangley:
Probably an oversight Garry. As to the adverts, Terry is always after articles for the magazine. I know how difficult it is to produce a magazine with a small club membership having been the previous editor.To get 60pp out almost every month is a Herculean effort on Terry's part and thank goodness we do have 'ruddy' adverts, they help defray the cost of the magazine and the better the magazine the more likely we are to attract advertisers. Council minutes will help fill up a couple of pages too so a timely reminder from you to Council! They (Council minutes} should be published, you are quite right.

GSouthee:
Bob

I agree Terry works hard to get the Mag out, maybe not Herculean.

As to getting articles into the Mag, it must be difficult. I know Terry has asked me to do one on the Ol' Girl, but to be honest I just do not have time.

I am sure this is the same for many owners.

My personal preference is using the Forum, more relevant and an at the time medium.

Maybe the Mag is a bit 'old hat' in this day and age. I see Ted is doing an Instagram page for the club, although I have to say I do not do Social media.

I usually give Action a quick flick, see nothing of interest and 'bin it'.

Maybe spending money updating the Forum to have a members only sections is the way to go and save the club money from not having to produce the Mag.

My views are probably not in line with many. However, I wonder how many members actually find it interesting?

I look forward to seeing the minutes in future Actions.

Cheers  Gary

TTM:
At the risk of sounding a bit offensive, I always find it funny when people complain that ACtion lacks content when they do not make any effort to provide content. Yes it takes time to write something, and that's why ACtion should always prevail as the main source of quality content, in my opinion. The forum is great for exchanges on technical stuff but the more personal stories should stay in ACtion. They both work well and should keep having their separate lives.
And yes I would like an in-depth journey on Mr Southee's 2L as always reading about the stupidly expensive cars is getting a little long in the tooth.

GSouthee:
Hi TTM

No Offence taken, I was not actually complaining about lack of content. Mainly that the minutes from the council meetings seem to have disappeared from Action. Whilst Action is the members mag and the council run the club, it would be nice if not required, that  the members get to see the minutes in Action. Also as stated that there are so many Ads, especially the ACOC ones repeated month on month for the International/Silverstone/Lemans etc etc.

Yes I am somewhat lackadaisical re writing an article as I have a lot on, but maybe on one of my upcoming holidays I will find time (Maybe)

However, I will always use the forum as my preferred medium.

Now off to pack for my week away next week.

Cheers Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version