Author Topic: SPECIAL AT AUCTION  (Read 3015 times)

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
SPECIAL AT AUCTION
« on: May 06, 2010, 15:14:39 »
I've not seen this one before......

http://www.peacockauction.co.uk/pages/vehicle/

Tom Dine's opinion is: "The car is LX820, originally built as a 2 Litre Saloon in February 1948, X denoting left hand drive. It found its way to Brazil where I believe the conversion took place. It was used in races in Sao Paulo in the mid 50s and at some time returned home to England. The last time I heard of it was 2005 when it was under restoration. It would appear that it has had another paint job since then as the photos I have show it as BRG with a yellow grill."

administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
SPECIAL AT AUCTION
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:02:26 »
Sold for £29000.

REV

• View Profile
SPECIAL AT AUCTION
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 14:37:53 »
I'm afraid it was me that had a rush of blood to my head and bought it! £29,000 plus premium. It still needs extensive works to bring it back to its former glory, but its a pretty car that is alleged to have raced in Brazil in the 50's. I'm currently trying to track down any history that may be available about the car, but so far haven't been able to contact the previous owner.

Here are some of the racing pictures that appeared in the sales details. They appear to show it RHD???

These are scans of some articles that appeared in Action in 2002. I haven't actually got copies of these articles just the scans, so if anyone has the actual editions that they no longer need I'd be very grateful if they could let me know.

Any help, contacts or comments would be really appreciated.
   Thanks, Nick