Author Topic: 1960 Aceca Radiator  (Read 1385 times)

Lev

• View Profile
1960 Aceca Radiator
« on: April 19, 2022, 21:24:00 »
Hi

I’m new to AC ownership and have a 1960 Bristol engined Aceca. It has an aftermarket aluminium radiator that needs a re-core. I would appreciate any advice on what I should expect to pay for this or better still if I might be able to source an original?

Thanks in advance

Lev

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
Re: 1960 Aceca Radiator
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 14:57:23 »
Lev,
Best wishes for your journey with the Aceca Bristol. Not sure where you are, but in the UK I believe the best people for special radiators, oil or water, are Serck Competitions department at Park Royal.
One route to an original water radiator is to start with a 2 litre saloon radiator. They are basically an identical unit, but on the saloon incorporate a a flange that seals the space around the radiator. This flange can be removed to make it like the Aceca or Ace. Be aware that the later Ace/Aceca and Ace/Aceca 2.6 used a Greyhound pattern radiator which had a more rectangular header tank.
You will find many photographs in various publications, for example Rinsey Mills' 'A.C. Six Cylinder Sports Cars.'
Barrie

B.P.Bird

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 15:00:23 »
Lev,
Forgot to say you should really be posting on the Ace, Aceca & Greyhound Forum
Barrie

AK1161

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 16:47:00 »
Hi Lev,
I have an original radiator for a Bristol engined car if you are interested..... I have sent you a PM but with no reply.....I hope you see this post.
Cheers Luke

ctpearce

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 17:42:21 »
I had a new aluminium radiator made up for my 1957 Aceca recently by Classic Autos - Nick Finburgh  (07966461960 )-( Nick@finburghs.co.uk ) exactly as my original. Looks right and does a good job. (they're excellent on everything else as well - mechanical and bodywork). Chris