Author Topic: ABS ECU more news  (Read 1319 times)

AcemanToo

• View Profile
ABS ECU more news
« on: April 17, 2022, 17:35:23 »
Delighted to say that the ABS is now fully functional! After replacing the pump, module and ECU, plus reluctor rings and associated bits, it turned out that the wiring to the wheel sensors was the wrong way round i.e. left went to right wheel sensor and vice versa, apparently going back to when the car was built....
One bonus to it all is that there is now a red hood light showing on starting the car- it's only there briefly after flashing on and off a couple of times but at least there's a sign of life! I've tried to operate the hood but nothing happens and there's no further red light activity. Next thing is to check/replace the micro switches to see if that helps. Any ideas anyone?

paho

• View Profile
Re: ABS ECU more news
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 16:03:51 »
Ouch,
not funny with the wiring mismatch. I wonder if this is a general problem  :-\.
Do you know which Teves version the ABS system is?
No idea I'm afraid on the parts needed to changing the micro switches or sensors on the hydraulic rams.
BR /Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

AcemanToo

• View Profile
Re: ABS ECU more news
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 13:52:20 »
Hi Paul,
It appears to be Teves Mk II. I had the hood ECU checked out by a firm down south, Portsmouth I think. It came back with a clean bill of health. The pump motor is fine and the hydraulic system appears to be leak free with fluid at the correct level. Once I get organised enough, I'll go through the various micro switches......