Author Topic: LUCAS 073152 (DR3) WIPER MOTOR  (Read 1676 times)

wirewheels57

• View Profile
LUCAS 073152 (DR3) WIPER MOTOR
« on: March 13, 2022, 12:13:56 »
I fear my wiper motor is about to expire, the park feature has ceased to work and casting an eye over the outer case I doubt that it has seen any maintenance for many years . How difficult is it to remove and does anyone have a new old stock example tucked away that they would consider  selling ?

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
Re: LUCAS 073152 (DR3) WIPER MOTOR
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 18:06:52 »

Wirewheels 57

Very easy to remove wiper motor from on top of footbox,  and disconnect from mechanical wiper mechanism.
The motor and drive comes apart simply.
The three cotton real type motor  support s are available from Holden along with wiper drive boxes etc.
Not sure  of availability of spare parts to rebuild the actual DR3 internals.
When I rebuilt my DR3 unit I bought a couple of old DR1/DR3 units, Caution internals for parking  and drive vary pending from which vehicle  a 2nd hand unit was initially  fitted .
I have a few notes regards wiring and  different DR3  drive  units, Please confirm your email address and I will try to find my old notes, I have a good idea which box I stored the notes , just got to dig through a lot of sealed boxes since moving home last year.  ::)
Where are you located and can you please confirm Chassis number of Your Ace/Aceca . ?

Keith
keith.lessiter@gmail.com