Author Topic: Ace Brooklands wiring diagram  (Read 2293 times)

AcemanToo

• View Profile
Ace Brooklands wiring diagram
« on: February 08, 2022, 15:24:45 »
Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram for the Ace Brooklands please?

paho

• View Profile
Re: Ace Brooklands wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 08:54:02 »
Sent you copies to your e-mail address last night....

/Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

AcemanToo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 10:21:45 »
Hi Paul,
Many thanks once again for your considerable input! At present the Ace is in a local garage being checked over by a retired Ford mechanic with particular expertise in ABS breaking systems. The valve block and pump are working correctly and the wheel sensors are all producing a signal. The ABS light stays on all the time. There's an ABS control module somewhere, but so far we haven't found it - it's suspected that it might be faulty. Do you perhaps know where it's hidden? One possibility is behind the dash on the driver's side - we're going to give that a try today.
I've printed off some of the wiring sheets but they mean nothing to me - I'm used to old fashioned wiring diagrams!
Hopefully I'll be able to report some progress today......

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 12:16:07 »
thanks to Adrian for sharing!
/Paho

mike harrison

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 14:43:46 »
Just got an Ace Brooklands but the hood is not working electrically. Grateful if someone could send me a wiring diagram, please.
Mike

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2023, 16:12:37 »
Mike,
I've just sent you my mail address via the forum's e-mail feature.
BR  /Paho

mike harrison

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023, 16:48:21 »
Many thanks, but not sure how to access the email feature

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2023, 16:55:50 »
Login to the forum. Then look at the top of the page, you will see "My Messages". Click on my messages and you should se the mail I sent you plus my e-mail address.
BR /Paho

mike harrison

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 16:16:13 »
Thanks. Now got the diagrams.

Adrian_J

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 20:34:19 »
Hi All, the AC wiring diagrams I supplied actually don't cover the ABS circuit! The best I can offer here is a copy of the Autodata info for Granada/Scorpio ('85) 2,9 24V ABS circuit, kindly supplied by Wally when I purchased Mark Kendall's car. It seems to be accurate. I will try and e-mail a pdf copy via 'My Messages' to anyone requiring it. When you locate the ABS 'ECU' (mine is located behind the glovebox), you will be confronted by a large blue 54 pin connector. Thankfully, only 25 of those pin outs are used on the Ace. The classic 'mistake' in the Ace ABS loom was to mis-connect pins 27 br & 45 bk (rear o/s sensor feed) with pins 28 br and 46 bk (rear n/s sensor feed). Basically the two rear wheels were connected the wrong way around. I recommend buzzing them through to check they are connected correctly, and change them at the connector if not. The other thing that seemed to work for me, was to get the resistances of the wheel sensors as close as possible - between 1.50 to 1.51 ohms. I had replaced a couple of the wheel sensors with new FORD GRANADA Mk3 2.9 Front 86 to 94 Kerr Nelson units from eBay, but i got pedal judder just before arriving at a standstill (along with an ABS warning light that wouldn't go out). When I'd replaced all four with matching resistances (and corrected the crossover at the ECU connector) those problems went away.

paho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 09:16:49 »
There is info to be found on the Teves Mk IV brake system on the Ford Scorpio web site (unfortunately no wiring diagram that I can find):
https://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/brakerepairs.htm

/Paho