Author Topic: Pssst! Is this 428 a steal?  (Read 2677 times)

davidhickman

• View Profile
Pssst! Is this 428 a steal?
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:09:37 »
Having seen some of the prices achieved recently I have to say I'm stunned... or maybe it is a feeling of sad resignation that one's hearts desire has slipped into a distant galaxy.

Perhaps it's a vogue and reality will return and such cars CAN be owned by those who have always appreciated them rather than a five minute celebrity plaything.
   After all Frua isn't an Aston that seems de riguer to 'the set' along with Rolex, Dom Perignon and dumb blondes.
   Perhaps with more cars coming to the market the supply will modrate prices a little for the hopefull.
   Here's another one I've just found which, to my mind, seems sensible. Expect I'll be trampled in the rush!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1557643.htm

What do others think?

dkp_cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 15:08:47 »
Nice car and much cheaper than the coupe offered by Hurst Park. Does anybody know the hammer price of the red Frua coupe at Coys (11. of March)?

cliffordl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 20:16:52 »
Yes, dontcha just hate auctioneers who conceal their results for a week or so...be interesting to see the result, rumour had it that a middle eastern buyer was the winner of the past two fastback auctions..how many does he need? and who was the underbidder? Certainly makes the pistonheads car look good value.