Author Topic: AC Iconic Cobra  (Read 11040 times)

AC Bill

• View Profile
AC Iconic Cobra
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 18:55:17 »
It seems that the market for classic cars has changed dramatically, if the Barret Jackson auctions is any indication.

At one time the big money was being paid for fully restored Antique cars from the early 1900's thru 1930's. Now those cars (other than the odd exception) seem to have fallen out of favor for the sixties muscle cars, which are getting very high bids.
   Each generation has it's favored cars, and it depends which generation is willing to spend the money to buy their dream car, that controls the market prices.

Imagine what the kids born in the 90's or 00's might think of as their cars of choice when they have the purchasing power, when they reach middle age. I doubt they will have little in cars from the sixties era. Probably want a Honda Civic.[:D]

TLegate

• View Profile
AC Iconic Cobra
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 20:29:59 »
When the petrol (gas) runs out it'll all get kinda academic.... ;-)  Metal sculptures anyone?

1984MkIV

• View Profile
AC Iconic Cobra
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 23:57:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

When the petrol (gas) runs out it'll all get kinda academic.... ;-) Metal sculptures anyone?

No problem, I will plant potatoes and apples in my garden and run my cars on alcohol: http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/. Maybe I´ll find another purpose for the alcohol in the meantime ...[;)]

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC Iconic Cobra
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 13:39:39 »
Every time I see this and the brand "AC" in the same picture, I throw up in my mouth a little......

Gus Meyjes

• View Profile
AC Iconic Cobra
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 12:20:53 »
Amazing what a little jab can do to jump start some chatter!
   I too belong to the group that likes the seat of the pants driving with no driver aids.. I'm just wondering about the future of our cars when the driver needs aids outside of the car. I'm thinking walkers, canes and in case the driver owns a 427 Cobra, maybe some "depends" also!

AC Ace Bristol

• View Profile
AC Iconic Cobra
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 18:31:30 »
quote:
Originally posted by Chafford

The car goes on sale in 2011.  AC is back! (according to the website)

http://www.iconicmotors.com/

Here's the Press Release:

'Muscle cars got their start in the 1960s, which many car fans still consider the high point of U.S. automotive prowess. They reached the peak of power, performance, and fascination around 1970, after which restrictions related to pollution and insurance-and steeply rising fuel prices-slowly started killing them off. However, their styling and brute horsepower kept the notable stalwarts of that period alive with enthusiasts everywhere. Fast forward to 2010, ICONIC Motors, one of the automobile industry's premier luxury and high performance vehicle makers is answering the call for enthusiasts. For those who crave unparalleled power and innovative performance, ICONIC Motors answers with 2011 ICONIC AC Roadster™. A modern-era muscle car which pays tribute to its historic brethren via its appearance while showcasing the technological advancements of today underneath its skin.

The 2011 ICONIC AC Roadster is designed from the ground up to be one of the world's most completely refined and advanced super cars. Virtually no other vehicle on the planet has undergone the same kind of engineering development and attention to detail as the ICONIC AC Roadster. ICONIC Motors stayed true to its mantra of Uncompromised Excellence™ and focused its efforts on delivering a one-of-a-kind timeless automotive masterpiece that will live on for the ages. The 2011 ICONIC AC Roadster is the first of many uniquely designed modern-era muscle cars that blend the legendary design cues of the past with the technology of the future.

"The ICONIC AC Roadster is more than just a car, it's among the world's most refined and beautifully designed super cars. It's the lightest, strongest, most well engineered, high performance roadster of our time. The engine, drive train, support electronics and overall chassis make this one of the most complete vehicle packages on the market today and is made right here in the USA," said Claudio Ballard, chairman and founder, ICONIC Motors.

What sets ICONIC Motors apart from any other car company in the world is its design, advanced material sciences and testing process. Almost every individual CAD designed part is an exclusive ICONIC Motors creation and allows for ICONIC to test each element of the car before assembly to ensure each works seamlessly with optimized strength and weight. This innovative process allows for ICONIC Motors to capture the look and style of timeless classic roadsters from the 1950's and '60's, while infusing all of the modern technology and engineering available today, this super car is truly the first of its kind.

The partnership between ICONIC and AC Cars® represents the modern synthesis of the rich history and heritage of the AC brand which spans over 100 years. Having been founded in the UK, AC possesses a dash of Italian heritage dating from the late '50's thru '60's, and has come to represent the shape and form of collectable automobiles for many generations. The ICONIC AC Roadster pays homage to the historic AC Cobras of the 1960's, in a modern and singularly refined way. Since its inception, the ICONIC Motors brand strives for automotive excellence by building one of the worlds most complete and technologically advanced roadsters.

AC Cars' goal was to find a world-class partner whose uncompromising commitment to quality and innovation would be worthy of the AC brand, heritage, and partnership. That goal became reality with ICONIC Motors, which was chosen to help re-launch the AC brand in the United States, sporting the "ICONIC AC Roadster" nameplate.'

ACtion ... AC Cars, Geneva Motor Show 2011

Extract word 4 word from ACtion magazine ( April 2011)pages 26/27

The banner hanging from the ceiling read..
   "AC CARS BY GULLWING"  and the Show guide states Gullwing GmBH and not AC Cars" .. ..   Enough said. ..[:(]..[:(]

The article then refers to :-

The new Mk1V has between 60/70 changes from the car displayed at last years Geneva Motor Show.

Further on in the same article after reference to use of GM  components the last paragraph reads...

They have a relationship with Iconic in the States but have no plans to sell the MkV1 there.

Is it me ??..  ..  Confused [?]   .. The Double page feature refers to the Ironic OOPppss Sorry  The Iconic as a AC... ..  then Not a AC,
   As a Mk1V and as a MkV1..  ..  [:o)]..[:o)]..[:o)]

Now wonder there's confusion amongst the ranks..[B)]

Can someone elaberate ??  Nik ?  or Trev ?? or should we simply contact CONFUSE dot com.

Keith

TLegate

• View Profile
AC Iconic Cobra
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 11:56:15 »
I assumed 'MkIV' was a mis-print (if it's not then I'm more than just confused!! :-)

I was greatly amused to read the phrase "Enough said" which kinda said enough......

Either way, I doubt that confused.com are any less confused that the rest of us mere (worthless) mortals so we'll just sit back and not pass comment or express an opinion. Such things are frowned upon in these austere times.

Mark IV

• View Profile
AC Iconic Cobra
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 22:37:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by Chafford

The car goes on sale in 2011.  AC is back! (according to the website)

http://www.iconicmotors.com/

AC Cars' goal was to find a world-class partner whose uncompromising commitment to quality and innovation would be worthy of the AC brand, heritage, and partnership.

ACtion ... AC Cars, Geneva Motor Show 2011

"AC Cars" (sic) goal was to find a partner with some cash!

I will now begin serving my bansihment................

cobham cobra

• View Profile
AC Iconic Cobra
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 17:08:48 »
The latest edition of Octane has a small article on Danny Pro an artist and guest of AFAS at the Amelia Island Concours. If you click the link and look at the Cobra inspired sculpture there are a series of photos depicting the creation. Not sure if it’s iconic, ironic or just a nice thing to put on your desk.
   http://misjif.com/commissions/

Well, you didn’t think I wasn’t going to mention the word desk did you ?